SIGNED RB Terrell Newby

Nexus

Since we let 4* Kaleb Blanchard go we don't have any RBs committed. We seem to be going after these guys the hardest

1. 4* Alex Collins http://rivals.yahoo....-Collins-130370

2. 5* Alabama commit Altee Tenpenny

3. Newby

4. 4* Auburn commit Jordan Wilkins http://rivals.yahoo....-Wilkins-130432

Im kinda worried what we'll do if we strike out on all 4...we are thin at RB right now with 2 of them graduating and one transferring, with knile davis going pro. Jonathan Williams is the only proven one we have coming back. Not sure if that will be a factor in these guys' recruitment or not. We won't be looking like what wisconsin did on offense so that pitch might not matter.

But then theres also a rumor michael dyer wants to walk on here so who knows :ahhhhhhhh

I think you guys are a bit too late to the party with Newby as well. Literally the only factor with him not committing to NU as it stands is distance from home. His parents feel very comfortable with Coach Pelini and that factor has subsided. UCLA is one of the only challengers for him. Don't believe he will go anywhere but NU or UCLA.

I read that Collins has a really good relationship with Bielema and that he is scheduled to visit Arky on 1/25. This could help us with Newby if Bielema can get Collins.

We just hired randy shannon as LB coach too so 3 coaches from that area probably helps. I'd be happy with just one.

Good hire. Helps with the inroads to Fla.

Els has done a nice job as recruiting coordinator, and he coached one of the best LBs we've ever had. Despite what you're going to say (Hedley), Els does deserve some credit for David's success....

Not true at all. Ross had him for his Sr season! He was already tearing it up his Jr year. Els has been a mid major coach his entire career for a reason. You don't see coaches in mid major roles for 20 years before playing big boy ball.

Not going to argue with you over this as has been mentioned before this is a Newby thread. If you want to discuss it more make a thread for it and I will be more than happy to join in.

Back to Newby, I think his addition would give us the best RB recruiting class in the country.... What a problem to have----> Abdullah, Heard, Cross, Taylor, Newby (?)....Wow....

We better redshirt at least one of them if this happens. Usually I am in favor of playing RBs as freshman (one of the few positions I am for this), but with the depth we already have, it would essentially waste a year's of Newby's and Taylor's talents.

What's everyone else's opinions on this?

Els has done a nice job as recruiting coordinator, and he coached one of the best LBs we've ever had. Despite what you're going to say (Hedley), Els does deserve some credit for David's success....

Not true at all. Ross had him for his Sr season! He was already tearing it up his Jr year. Els has been a mid major coach his entire career for a reason. You don't see coaches in mid major roles for 20 years before playing big boy ball.

Not going to argue with you over this as has been mentioned before this is a Newby thread. If you want to discuss it more make a thread for it and I will be more than happy to join in.

Back to Newby, I think his addition would give us the best RB recruiting class in the country.... What a problem to have----> Abdullah, Heard, Cross, Taylor, Newby (?)....Wow....

We better redshirt at least one of them if this happens. Usually I am in favor of playing RBs as freshman (one of the few positions I am for this), but with the depth we already have, it would essentially waste a year's of Newby's and Taylor's talents.

What's everyone else's opinions on this?

Let them play if they can contribute positively to the team in ways that the other players can't, just like any other year or position. That being said, with that depth, it's likely that with that philosophy at least one of them will get a redshirt year.

Add King Frazier from last year who is impressing the coaches. We are STACKED. I've said it all along with Newby, I think we get him. He loves Nebraska and Johnny Boy is in his ear.

Add King Frazier from last year who is impressing the coaches. We are STACKED. I've said it all along with Newby, I think we get him. He loves Nebraska and Johnny Boy is in his ear.

You add this guy with already committed Taylor and that is just downright impressive. I like how the future of this Nebraska backfield is taking shape. Stanton and Armstrong battling it out for QB, with a stable of what,4 maybe 5 extremely talented running backs pushing each other to new limits every week. Awesome. Add that to what clearly is becoming a talented WR crop growing here, this offense may be elite ver soon.

Although we lost, I think that performance against a great football team would lead a recruit to think that we're just a few players away from being a legit contender. We showed that we could go toe to toe against an elite $EC team and I'm sure recruits noticed that.