From Big Red Report:

Newby picks the Huskers 1118593.jpg

Terrell Newby

By Josh Harvey

Publisher

Posted Jan 9, 2013

832293.jpg

| More

Nebraska landed their 10th four-star commitment in the 2013 class, by landing California running back Terrell Newby on Wednesday.

Nebraska has landed a commitment from Chaminade College prep (CA) four-star running back Terrell Newby. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound prospect is ranked the No. 17 running back in the country according to FOX Sports NEXT.

“Newby is a small back that runs big. He has track speed and can run away from most defenders in the open field, but he has better change of direction and shiftiness than most track stars,” said FOX Sports Scouting Director Scott Kennedy. “Despite his size, Newby isn't afraid to run between the tackles or initiate contact. A defense must defend the entire width of the field against him. He'll never be a power back, but he's tough and strong enough to keep a defense honest.”

Newby finished the 2012 season with over 2,000 yards and 45 rushing touchdowns – including a eight touchdown single-game performance in October.

“I like to pride myself on having all elements of a back with speed, strength, blocking and catching,” Newby told FOX Sports NEXT. “I like to bring all those parts into my game.”

The senior visited Lincoln in September and left a lasting impression.

"It was a cool experience and the tunnel walk was awesome,” said Newby. “I wasn't even playing that day and I was all hyped up after watching it. In the game I saw how Nebraska utilized their running backs and how they like to get them out into space. Nebraska really wants to put speed on the field and I can see myself in their offense.”

Much more to come on Big Red Report regarding Newby's commitment in the coming hours.

• Fire 4