TE Beau Sandland [Miami Commit]

Nexus

I'm glad it's done with and Husker Nation can move on. For what it is worth, here is an article by ESPN shortly after his announcement today in which Sandland was quoted that it came down to Miami and Neb. Second place isn't much comfort though.

http://insider.espn....t/post?id=12919

You may see at the bottom of that article, that Sandland is the 2nd rated JUCO TE. Vandenburg is the #1 rated according to ESPN

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/8743658/espn-junior-college-100

Hey Beau, Al Golden won you over? That dude will be out of Miami as soon as a job comparable or even a little under comparable comes open. He is not going to like the sanctions that are coming!!

Hello Cane fan and fellow college football fan here. Always respected Nebraska...especially the rabid fanbase (something Miami never exactly excel in).

I'm curious as to why you guys think that Al Golden is leaving? He has publicly turned down the TN and the WI jobs. He seems to understand that he is in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, and he obviously understands that the school, as poorly as they have performed in recent history, still has quite a bit of appeal to potential recruits.

The only reason I can come up with:

Miami knows how to use their tight ends.

Yes back in 2002....

Really???? Ten years ago????

There has been two complete coaching changes since then.

Jimmy Graham played TE at Miami...before then there was Greg Olsen.

that was still a different coaching staff and different offensive scheme than what is currently in place at miami

Agreed...However, if you're going to use that argument then whoever said to go back to Temple to see how they use their TEs is incorrect. Jedd Fisch is our OC...comes from the Seahawks. He is quoted as being in love with the Patriots spread offensive style and using multiple TE sets. Prior to being the QB coach for the Seahawks he was the OC of Minnesota. Eric Decker was the #1 receiving threat for obvious reasons...the #2 with the most receptions was their TE.

We just need some TEs that can catch the football.

Well. We've had Suh, Carriker, Wistrom, Peter's (plural) and we cant seem to land a DT right now to save our ass. Whatever.

How do you feel about our chances with Hooks? Kid seems so indecisive that we may have a chance.

It's strange that he supposedly had his mind made up that we were out, but not, he's delayed his decision what, twice today? I'm wondering after the Russel decision if maybe Bo aint been in his ear a little, or if he's just thinking he knows that he can come in here and play right away.