First Spring Practice - 2012

Love hearing that about Jamal.

Trying to argue that is a picture of Taylor catching the ball seems like a huge stretch. It's true we don't know who or what he's throwing at, or maybe he's just working on the mechanics, but catching?

Maybe he's from Ork. Maybe he's eating the ball.

Think about it.

<stuff>

photo-8827.jpg

Holy moly, Chaddy. Who is that looker in your profile pic!?!?

And that girl isn't bad looking, either. ;)

that's my future wife knapp lol. I am proposing to her in a few months ; P. We've been together for about 5 years now, had our struggles initially and then we both realized we really want to share lives together. She's a cool chick. Yeah...I know I'm sexy......haha chuckleshuffle

Congratulations! :)

I haven't been around much since the end of the season but I seriously thought the incessant Taylor bashing was in the past...? Taylor was a good quarterback for us last season, running and passing. Not perfect by any means, but he had a really, really good season that was a huge step up maturity wise and passing wise from his freshman season. Do you guys have that bad of revisionist memory? The Wisconsin game was about as ugly as can be but we all know that was not all on Taylor, and since then take a look at these completion rates. 16 of 22, 13 of 22, 28 of 37, 12 of 22, 10 of 16. Not comprehensive of course but statistics are only half of the equation.

Come on guys. He's a running quarterback, we're a running team, and he's becoming a pretty damn fine quarterback in his own right - I'd put Taylor up against Frazier or Crouch throwing the football any day. At worst he's about equal.

he played to the best of his ability, and cleaned up alot of his incorrect mode moments from his freshman season.

that being said, he limits us offensively, especially in crucial late game situations.

There! :) Fixed it for you. (I work with cognitively challenged individuals-I hate the 'R' word) :)

Love hearing that about Jamal.

Trying to argue that is a picture of Taylor catching the ball seems like a huge stretch. It's true we don't know who or what he's throwing at, or maybe he's just working on the mechanics, but catching?

yeah...we definitely gotta drop the argument....its pretty pointless. lol We can argue that he is playing the game, 500! It's a picture that is up for numerous interpretations. AAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Is it September yet!????

HOLY CRAP!!!!! it so needs to be football season already. this really got me going. I am going to need more of these vids the rest of the off season.

yeah...we definitely gotta drop the argument....its pretty pointless. lol We can argue that he is playing the game, 500! It's a picture that is up for numerous interpretations. AAAAAAAAAH!!!!! Is it September yet!????

That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture. It looks like someone just trying to throw the ball up in the air as high as they can without lateral distance, but the ball says otherwise, so who knows what was going on...

SXNDXWREPMYFPUI.20120310182704.JPG

I just noticed something odd here, look closely at this picture.........look at Taylor's eyes........he's watching the football-not the WR he's throwing to. It's odd because the football goes to where QB's eyes are looking. This picture tells me that Taylor still doesn't understand footwork, mechanics, or even basic fundamentals. As a soon to be redshirt junior three year starter that is completely unacceptable.

The football goes where the QB's eyes are looking.....and Taylor's eyes are looking AT the ball, what does this mean!!?!? Does the ball just hover there?

As much as we bitch & whine about Tmart's mechanics, do results matter at all?

The Wisconsin game was a disaster but after that for the last eight games had Tmart throwing for a 60% completion ratio (even with all the drops), 1266 yds, nine TDs with only three interceptions (one was a Hail Mary w/2 secs left in the 1st half). Is that really so bad?

That was with playing some decent defenses too (Ohio St, Michigan St, Penn St, Michigan, Iowa, S. Carolina).

I don't remember a lot of people slobbering over S. Frost, E. Crouch, T. Frazier's perfect throwing mechanics either but partially due to the surrounding talent they had around them they won a lot of games. Why not wait and see how it goes before throwing our qb down the river?

• Fire 1

If you can't handle some heat for being silly, then stay out of the conversation. You don't get to start calling people names because your feelings are hurt.

Tell me this, if you are such an expert on QB throws: In this picture, who is Martinez throwing to? You don't even have to tell us the name, just tell us the position. Is it a WR? A TE? A RB? Or is it a coach? Or is he throwing into a barrel?

Look in the mirror dude. Mr. Holier than thou.

Knapp ... "Mr. Holier [sic] then thou"?

Oh my ...