CB Mackensie Alexander [Clemson - Signed NLI]

Player: Mackensie Alexander

Hometown: Immokalee, FL

School: Immokalee

Position: CB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 175

40 time:

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Wisconsin, Miami, Mississippi, Ohio State, South Carolina, South Florida

**Decommitted from Tennessee due to departure of his main recruiter, Terry Joseph. Also has a twin brother that plays Safety, Mackenro Alexander.**

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star :star

He has said that he will be taking a hard look at Nebraska now. With our reputation for getting DBs to the League and with Joseph, I like our chances.

Depending on how much Mackinsie wants to play for Coach Joseph could determine his commitment. I read that he couldn't stay commited to Tennessee because of Joseph. I feel Joseph would still be in Knoxville if Dooley wasn't on the hotseat, although according to Vol fans Sunseri didn't want Joseph so who knows. Either way I know Bama and Miami are pretty interested in him, plus he's going to Columbus for OSUs spring game, maybe he can make ours.

This kid will end up at an SEC school... Every school he mentions in his interview as his top top schools are SEC. He mentions Florida as his favorite and LSU and Bama as his dream schools. He did say that Coach Joesph is the man and that Joseph was the reason he committed to Tennessee, but I would be shocked if this kid came to NU.

While I wont argue against saying that he is SEC bound, don't count us out completely yet. He wont name his top just yet, but he says that we are in it for sure.

havent heard anything about him in a long time. We all know coach joseph has a great bond with him and I know he is one of the prospects I want the most. Has an offer to go to any school in the country. 5* kid man would it be nice if joseph can lure him in

it just got even more important to try and land alexander as it seems he will be a package deal with his teammate and monster denfensive tackle deadrin senat. He and alexander have offers from virtually every team in the country. terry joseph is the recruiter for bother players for nebraska.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1363447&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

• Upvote 1

Would love to have him, but I still think he ends up in Gainesville.

I agree its going to be a tough pull i hope they hold off on committing to a school until they make a visit here. if they take a visit here and decide to go somewhere else, then at least we got them in for a visit and did all we could.

MA has always struck me as a kid that is hell bent on staying in the southeast. I hope he at least visits.

Which is exactly how I felt, but then you look at his one time committment to the Vols and just go :dunno

MA has always struck me as a kid that is hell bent on staying in the southeast. I hope he at least visits.

Which is exactly how I felt, but then you look at his one time committment to the Vols and just go :dunno

I have a feeling he'll have a bit of a ' schizophrenic' process trying to pick a school.

lets see what TJ is made of... hearing he is really into FSU now and you know i wouldnt hold it against the staff... you cant always work magic but he would be real great prize for this class and help TJ move right up to near legend status amongst the coachs in terms of recruiting......

Much like su'a just dont think we have a real shot. Sorry, but i just dont think we are attractive enough right now. We get some championships and we will get more looks, until then the vaunted 5 stars will keep going where the spotlight is shining brightest

Much like su'a just dont think we have a real shot. Sorry, but i just dont think we are attractive enough right now. We get some championships and we will get more looks, until then the vaunted 5 stars will keep going where the spotlight is shining brightest

I would agree with you in theory, but not this case. He had verballed to Tennessee, which isn't winning any championships.

I would agree with you in theory, but not this case. He had verballed to Tennessee, which isn't winning any championships.

No, that is true. But tennessee is in the SEC which puts them on espn much more freqently than Nebraska. The huskers are lucky to get a mention, whereas sec teams are contsantly talked about.

was committed to tenessee early in the process because of terry joseph but decomitted bc joseph left for nebraska. He has now named notre dame his leader. Could you imagine if terry joseph could real in alexander and priest willis....thats a dream

was committed to tenessee early in the process because of terry joseph but decomitted bc joseph left for nebraska. He has now named notre dame his leader. Could you imagine if terry joseph could real in alexander and priest willis....thats a dream

Well we have a chance....Alexander will visit for the Michigan game... 2 of the best cbs in this class visiting together, and cook as well.... if alabama holds off that long. Impressive.

No, that is true. But tennessee is in the SEC which puts them on espn much more freqently than Nebraska. The huskers are lucky to get a mention, whereas sec teams are contsantly talked about.

If you were talking Bama or LSU I would agree, but not the likes of Tenn. Every Nebraska game has been on ABC or one of the ESPN's and now BTN.

Alexander and Willis = :throwdabones1: and :throwdabones1:

Did some quick research and find the bolded quote to be untrue concerning SEC and Nebraska on ESPN.

In 2011 Nebraska played on ABC/ESPN nine times (bowl game included). Alabama played on ABC/ESPN five times (bowl game included). In 2010, Nebraska = 9, Alabama = 7. BTW, these numbers refer to the ESPN family consisting of ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU.

A lot has to do with the difference in TV contracts between various conferences. The SEC is the only football conference with a CBS contract, so a lot of their marquee afternoon games get shuffled to that network. While their marquee night games get shuffled to ESPN and sometimes CBS too (2011 LSU/Bama, pt. 1 was a night game on CBS).

When i was talikng about the SEC on espn i wasnt really referring to actual games on the channel. I was talking more about the coverage on sportcenter, college football live, gameday, etc.....they focus almost exclusively on the sec, ocasional USC or urban meyer, but for the most part it is an extension of the sec network. That being said, thanks for doing the research. Anyone know if he still has legit interest in us, havent heard anything about him in a while.

When i was talikng about the SEC on espn i wasnt really referring to actual games on the channel. I was talking more about the coverage on sportcenter, college football live, gameday, etc.....they focus almost exclusively on the sec, ocasional USC or urban meyer, but for the most part it is an extension of the sec network. That being said, thanks for doing the research. Anyone know if he still has legit interest in us, havent heard anything about him in a while.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying your point.

wow big ups to TJ for even getting this guy to campus.. dont know what it means in the long run..... but i think its still pretty awesome!!

wow big ups to TJ for even getting this guy to campus.. dont know what it means in the long run..... but i think its still pretty awesome!!

It's a start but the staff is gonna have to put it on him.

Clemson will also be getting an OV, will not take officials to any of the in-state schools. Notre Dame is not in line tog et a visit at this point, which is weird because they were his "leader" at one point.

I just got word from Mackensie's High School coach that he has accepted an offer to the Huskers. It looks like ESPN hasn't updated his profile, but hopefully they will soon. This is a huge get for the program, as he is the 6th best player in the 2013 class according to ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/144713/mackensie-alexander

Rivals has no mention of it. Neither does ESPN, 247 or Scout at this time. Mckenzie IS coming to the game this weekend vs. Wisconsin though.

I thought it was the Michigan game?

Rivals has no mention of it. Neither does ESPN, 247 or Scout at this time. Mckenzie IS coming to the game this weekend vs. Wisconsin though.

I thought it was the Michigan game?

It is.