CB Mackensie Alexander [Clemson - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Much like su'a just dont think we have a real shot. Sorry, but i just dont think we are attractive enough right now. We get some championships and we will get more looks, until then the vaunted 5 stars will keep going where the spotlight is shining brightest

I would agree with you in theory, but not this case. He had verballed to Tennessee, which isn't winning any championships.

No, that is true. But tennessee is in the SEC which puts them on espn much more freqently than Nebraska. The huskers are lucky to get a mention, whereas sec teams are contsantly talked about.

Did some quick research and find the bolded quote to be untrue concerning SEC and Nebraska on ESPN.

In 2011 Nebraska played on ABC/ESPN nine times (bowl game included). Alabama played on ABC/ESPN five times (bowl game included). In 2010, Nebraska = 9, Alabama = 7. BTW, these numbers refer to the ESPN family consisting of ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU.

A lot has to do with the difference in TV contracts between various conferences. The SEC is the only football conference with a CBS contract, so a lot of their marquee afternoon games get shuffled to that network. While their marquee night games get shuffled to ESPN and sometimes CBS too (2011 LSU/Bama, pt. 1 was a night game on CBS).

When i was talikng about the SEC on espn i wasnt really referring to actual games on the channel. I was talking more about the coverage on sportcenter, college football live, gameday, etc.....they focus almost exclusively on the sec, ocasional USC or urban meyer, but for the most part it is an extension of the sec network. That being said, thanks for doing the research. Anyone know if he still has legit interest in us, havent heard anything about him in a while.

When i was talikng about the SEC on espn i wasnt really referring to actual games on the channel. I was talking more about the coverage on sportcenter, college football live, gameday, etc.....they focus almost exclusively on the sec, ocasional USC or urban meyer, but for the most part it is an extension of the sec network. That being said, thanks for doing the research. Anyone know if he still has legit interest in us, havent heard anything about him in a while.

Understood. Thanks for clarifying your point.

I just got word from Mackensie's High School coach that he has accepted an offer to the Huskers. It looks like ESPN hasn't updated his profile, but hopefully they will soon. This is a huge get for the program, as he is the 6th best player in the 2013 class according to ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/144713/mackensie-alexander