Turner embracing new opportunity at receiver

In our limited passing offense, and considering those stats were accumulated in 7 games, I would say yes, he was an impact freshman. He definitely qualified before his season derailed for whatever reason.

I guess impact is a very subjective term. "Impact" would mean a few hundred yards rushing (at least) and more than just two touchdowns, at least in my opinion. His stats don't really WOW me, if you know what I mean. Abdullah is someone I would definitely consider an impact freshman, specifically because of his work in the return game.

We need to utilize JT, I dont care if its WR or returner, he needs to see the feild.

Yes, he does need to be on the field. I never did buy into the coaches claim that he needs to be more intesne in practice. He is one of the best, if not the best, athelete on the team. You play with your best and live with a few mistakes, especially on offense. So what if he is not perfect? He is fast, he is elusive and he can catch the ball. NU does not have too many receivers who can do those three things. Sometimes I think college coaches over coach kids. Get them on the field and let them play.

In our limited passing offense, and considering those stats were accumulated in 7 games, I would say yes, he was an impact freshman. He definitely qualified before his season derailed for whatever reason.

I guess impact is a very subjective term. "Impact" would mean a few hundred yards rushing (at least) and more than just two touchdowns, at least in my opinion. His stats don't really WOW me, if you know what I mean. Abdullah is someone I would definitely consider an impact freshman, specifically because of his work in the return game.

Except that return game was non-existent the second half of the season - in the second half of the season his biggest impact on the outcome came with him putting the ball on the ground.