Biggest Areas of Need for the 2013 Class

What say you, recruiting nerds?

I'm under the impression that this will be a bigger class, so of course we'll be getting guys for a lot of different positions. But what do you think are the biggest "needs" of this recruiting class? I'm not talking about specific recruits, just positions we should focus on the most.

Defensive back is #1 in my book. Especially safeties.

TE is also very important this year.

DE is another spot we need to fill out this year.

A big quality LB class is expected, and needed.

Other than those specific needs, as always:

Get your primo DT each year, maybe two this year.

Fill up the OL depth like we have been doing (a great job of lately BTW).

Get your QB for the class.

Get an RB or two this year. Same for WR.

The defensive ends Nebraska is recruiting are being told that there is a "dire need" at that position. Several kids have reported that they are way too thin with young talent at that position and are being told they would have a really good shot to play early.

I think we had a scarce DB situation last year, but some things changed that really help that. #1 Charles Jackson is coming to campus. #2 Braylon Heard moved over and still has a RS year. Now, we still need to pick up 3-4 guys at the DB position.

With that said... we really need DB's, TE's, DB's, LB's, and OT's.

biggest need positions (those we have a deficit of young talent at):

S (great start with mcwilliams)

TE (even if cotton is as good as his older brother, we need more)

OT (very disappointed we only took two OL last year and neither seems to be an OT)

DE (vestal has potential and mcmullen looks like a good one, but we need more)

also need:

QB (preferrably two, with one an "athlete")

RB (preferrably two)

CB (no longer as dire of a need with CJ and heard, but still needs to be addressed)

obviously there are other spots on the depth chart that need filling for other positions, but those above are the most important for this class.

Assuming Nebraska can take a full 25

3 QBs because we still do not have any real depth.

3 CBs

2 TEs

3 LBs if we're going to play more 3-4 we'll need the depth.

3 OL with two at least being OTs

2 DT

2 DE

1 WR

1 RB

2 FS

2 SS

1 ATH

I cannot see us taking three quarterbacks in one class, unless one is more an athlete than qb.

• Fire 2

we need at least 4 OL, preferrably 5, to make up for only taking 2 last year. i would prefer a class as follows:

qb - 2, with one an athlete that can play elsewhere

rb - 2, though i'd be alright with one since this is a position at which kids can play early in later classes

wr - 2. we have good young receivers (which is funny after all the teeth gnashing over receiver recruiting the last few years), but only one in the last class

te - 2

ol - 5, with 2-3 specifically tackles

de - 2-3

dt - 1-2

lb - 3

cb - 2

s - 3

3 CBs

2 TEs

2 DT

2 DE

1 WR

1 RB

2 FS

2 SS

1 ATH

I cannot see us taking three quarterbacks in one class, unless one is more an athlete than qb.

Not saying it is likely I'm saying that's what I would do. Hopefully by signing three dual threat QBs we could at least find one to play the position. That would give us, at the minimum, Taylor as the senior starter with Armstrong as either as a So or rFr and at least one or two other true freshman QB for the '13 season and beyond. Then it would be a simple matter of signing one QB in each subsequent class to maintain depth. Assuming of course that there aren't injuries, transfers, grade issues, and or trouble with law enforcement.

3 CBs

2 TEs

2 DT

2 DE

1 WR

1 RB

2 FS

2 SS

1 ATH

Not saying it is likely I'm saying that's what I would do. Hopefully by signing three dual threat QBs we could at least find one to play the position. That would give us, at the minimum, Taylor as the senior starter with Armstrong as either as a So or rFr and at least one or two other true freshman QB for the '13 season and beyond. Then it would be a simple matter of signing one QB in each subsequent class to maintain depth. Assuming of course that there aren't injuries, transfers, grade issues, and or trouble with law enforcement.

Carnes?