DE Christian Lacouture [LSU Commit]

Nexus

I can't see him ending up anywhere other than Baton Rouge.

Wrong sir.

sh#t happens in the recruiting game from time to time. Given the facts at the time, I just saw a guy that is in SEC country, playing at home every other year(against A&M), close to home, and playing for an elite defense and program and didn't like NU's chances. I was wrong and glad to be.

Nice pick up. Would rather him stay at DE. Strongside DE is perfect for the kid. There is a more pressing need there than on the inside.

As with all commits, let's hope this stays solid for the remainder.

"We feel that they're on the cusp of doing some great things here," Lacouture said. "And we're going to get this recruiting process going, bringing a lot of great guys in. It's going to be a special place. I'm really looking forward to playing four years here."

Thats gotta be my favorite quote from the kid when talking about how he and banderas want to bring some more great guys in. I love it. Great get for the skers

I already quoted half of this. But Bando, Love, And now Lacouture have said they will help recruit for this class. Especially Bando has he must be this years Micheal Rose!

This staff and new recruiting coordinator Ross Els deserve huge kudos for the terrific start to recruiting we've seen this year.

It has been a huge, very welcome change and for all the (fair) flak the staff has earned recently, they need credit here for reversing the trend.

This staff and new recruiting coordinator Ross Els deserve huge kudos for the terrific start to recruiting we've seen this year.

It has been a huge, very welcome change and for all the (fair) flak the staff has earned recently, they need credit here for reversing the trend.

I agree they have been getting after it this year. I am glad they are making more events for recruits like the secound JR day June 16th.

Lacouture had the chance to meet fellow commit Josh Banderas.

"We're talking about bringing this defense to a championship-caliber defense and helping with recruiting any way we can," Lacouture said."

:yeah

Welcome, Christian! Great attitude for the defense. To me we have to be great on defense to win big...there is no reason why we should not be building a tradition of the best defense in the Big 10. You play defense here under Pelini, in all types of weather, have successful winning teams...then you are going to the next level. Looking forward to a much improved D-Line under Coach Kaz.

:bonesflag:

I think the defense will be the strongest part of this program for years to come, if we can keep most of this staff together. I know its hard to do now days, but some time you want to remain part of some thing you have helped build. Just hoping....

GBR!!!