Congrats to the Husker Wrestlers on a great first day!

Good job for the guys on the first day! From what I could tell, we had eight of ten weight classes represented. Only one wrestler has been eliminated. Four made it to the quarterfinals, including at least one unranked that I saw. Three are still working their way through the consolation bracket. As far as I could tell, it looks like they award up to eight positions. Huskers sit tied for ninth in team standings. If nothing shows you the power of the the B1G in wrestling, this should - eight of the B1G wrestling teams in the top 15 at the national tournament. Very nice showing from the dominant conference in collegiate wrestling. Keep up the good work tomorrow, guys! Quarters and Semis tomorrow, along with the consolation brackets moving along.

I watched the quarterfinals. Saw 3 Nebaska wrestlers. All lost. Kokesh was pinned in about 25 seconds by Penn State's Taylor. #1 seed! No one advanced to the semis. Very young team that got some great experience this year. Should be helpful in the coming years. BIG is a very tough wrestling conference.

Penn State ran away with their 2nd straight title. The title was locked up before the finals began. They had 5 guys in the finals! 3 won. Cornell also had 3 champions. Like I said before we are young but the bad news is, so is Penn State.

1. Penn State 143.0

2. Minnesota 117.5

3. Iowa 107.5

4. Cornell 102.5

5. Ohio St. 68.5

6. Oklahoma St. 66.0

7. Illinois 62.0

8. Lehigh 61.0

9. Northwestern 42.5

10.Oregon St. 40.5

11. Michigan 39.0

11. Virginia Tech 39.0

13.Oklahoma 38.0

14. Binghamton 36.0

15. Pittsburgh 35.0

16. Stanford 33.0

17. Edinboro 32.5

18.Clarion 32.0

19. American 31.0

19.Wyoming 31.0

21. Appalachian S. 28.0

21.Nebraska 28.0

James Green took seventh as a frosh earning All American Honors

Josh Ihnen also was an All American finishing 8th unable to wrestle his last match because he blew out his ACL

You knew NU was going to have to step up its game in wrestling once the move was announced. We, as fans just got to see first hand what a lot of us knew. Ths is the ONLY conference when it comes to the sport of wrestling right now.

Some very promising fresh this year could make things interesting down the road with some of the "big dogs" in the B1G, which in turn makes you a National contender automatically more or less.