Vegas odds on the National Championship..

I don't see any significant improvement from where we were as a team last year, sadly. 8-4, here we come.

yup........too many things to fix and no indication that all of them will get done.........but there is always hope...........and change.

Last year we were hamstrung by injuries in a lot of positions. If we can keep healthy, that would be one thing that would help. But I understand what you're saying. We lose some key guys (Lavonte, Alfonzo, Crick), and still have a lot of needs to somehow address.

I don't see any significant improvement from where we were as a team last year, sadly. 8-4, here we come.

yup........too many things to fix and no indication that all of them will get done.........but there is always hope...........and change.

Last year we were hamstrung by injuries in a lot of positions. If we can keep healthy, that would be one thing that would help. But I understand what you're saying. We lose some key guys (Lavonte, Alfonzo, Crick), and still have a lot of needs to somehow address.

lack of depth, never seems to end.

Neither does your never ending dark cloud of pessimism. So there's that.

• Fire 2

Neither does your never ending dark cloud of pessimism. So there's that.

Sad thing is, I'm probably the biggest sunshine pumper there is. This is the first season in a long time that I have not been optimistic about. Perhaps they can prove me wrong. I hope they can prove me wrong.

I also predict that I'll get much more optimistic right around August or so...offseason tends to brainwash me a bit

"Vegas Insider" has us both at 35/1. No idea how old that is though.

Thanks Bucky (Vegas Insider)

Don't bet Florida St 12/1, Notre Dame 18/1 and Mild Cats 35/1.......Overrated. On the other hand, gamble with Stanford 75/1, OkieLite 75/1 and god forbid, Missery 85/1.

But how does it work? If I take Stanford and they end up #2 or #3 but still don't win it I still don't make any money even though I was damn close...

If everybody in the country from now until September bets on Stanford do their odds improve?

Bucky essentially yes on both questions, but in regards to the line moving it is all done by the bookies to ensure they are evenly spread. They set the line based on how they think the game will turn out, but also to entice betting in a certain direction. If lots of money comes in on one side, they will move the line in a direction to entice money to come in on the other side to try and ensure they win either way or are at least covered.