I ca't believe how angry this makes me...

A great weekend of college basketball 52 games in 6 days. Upsets, close games down to the wire, only a few blowouts. Now its Monday and what are the talking heads blabering about? F'n Peyton Manning. He's worse than FaV- ra. What an attention whore.

T_O_B

G>B>R

The front page of ESPN doesn't even have one article on Peyton. I'm not sure where you're looking but I haven't seen anything about him today.

As far as I'm concerned, it's similar to a TV or radio station, if you don't like what's on, change the channel. :)

• Fire 2

A great weekend of college basketball 52 games in 6 days. Upsets, close games down to the wire, only a few blowouts. Now its Monday and what are the talking heads blabering about? F'n Peyton Manning. He's worse than FaV- ra. What an attention whore.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I think the difference here is Manning isn't orchestrating his over exposure, this is all on the sports media. I'm more pissed that NBC decided to switch to a nothing golf tournament instead of keeping the glorious Flyers defeat of Pittsburgh in overtime...

I'm not a big fan of Manning, but I can't really see how he would handle this situation any better.

But way to start yet another thread with a subject line that give no hint whatsoever as to the topic.

Just glad to see that enjoy my posts VA.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Manning is just jealous cause brother Eli already accomplished more at qb than he has.

I'd still take Peyton Manning over Eli Manning, if given the choice.

The Favre and Manning situations are very different, imho. Manning was released from the franchise he'd devoted his entire adult life to, and he still has at least three years left in his career. Although I think the Colts ultimately made the right decision in the long run, Manning didn't retire and then flip-flop his decision like Favre. I also don't think Manning has drawn near the attention Favre did, but I honestly haven't been following the situation that closely.

And I have to agree with Stu - the NFL is the most popular sport in America, and it rightly gets the attention it deserves. Although many news organizations, specifically ESPN, sensationalize and take things over the top, there are millions of people who eat it up. The fact that the Manning situation is garnering this much attention isn't a surprise - he's one of the best (if not the best) quarterback still.

• Fire 1