Trayvon Martin and "Stand Your Ground" in FL

Exactly. Arrest him and at least charge him with manslaughter. Collect the evidence and let a DA or grand jury decide what/if any case is justified.

Personally I'm a fan of the police having a case BEFORE they arrest someone.

But that's not me.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

If this story turns out to be true, everyone defending the kid and blaming laws that may turn out to have nothing to do with what happened are in the end going to look like a bunch of asses.

Way too much of a lynch mob mentality going on from the looks of it. I don't know what happened because I wasn't there. I'd rather wait and see what the police and grand jury find out before making a solid opinion on what should be done. This story makes more sense as to why the shooter hasn't been arrested yet.

http://www.myfoxtamp...merman-03232012

If this story turns out to be true, everyone defending the kid and blaming laws that may turn out to have nothing to do with what happened are in the end going to look like a bunch of asses.

Way too much of a lynch mob mentality going on from the looks of it. I don't know what happened because I wasn't there. I'd rather wait and see what the police and grand jury find out before making a solid opinion on what should be done. This story makes more sense as to why the shooter hasn't been arrested yet.

Although, if true, this does explain why the cops didn't arrest him a scenario that he confronted and provoked Trayvon still remains. In that scenario, I think due to the poor wording of the law he would get off since he acted in self defense even though he was the aggressor. I think we will have to wait to hear all the details to truly grasp what really happened.

Exactly. Arrest him and at least charge him with manslaughter. Collect the evidence and let a DA or grand jury decide what/if any case is justified.

Personally I'm a fan of the police having a case BEFORE they arrest someone.

But that's not me.

Shooting and killing an unarmed man generally qualifies as a pretty solid case all by itself. Switch races on the shooter and victim and I guarantee you there would have been an arrest at the scene.

Shooting and killing an unarmed man generally qualifies as a pretty solid case all by itself.

Using deadly force against someone who is attempting to kill you generally qualifies as a valid usage.

Neither your nor I (nor any of the legions of blowhards who feel compelled to put in their .02 regarding what the police should have done) have any idea of what actually happened between Martin & Zimmerman.

Again I am more interested in the law being applied based upon what actually happened than what people who have only read a few histrionic laden blurbs THINK happened.

Switch races on the shooter and victim and I guarantee you there would have been an arrest at the scene.

The racial background of the individuals involved has no bearing on what criteria I want law enforcement to meet before they arrest someone.

Conversely switch the races of the shooter and victim and I guarantee you that the Justice Department wouldn't be making noises about possibly filing 'hate crime' charges.

I would also prefer if the Federal Government didn't use the racial background of individuals involved in a possible crime as a means to gain political capital.

Again that's just me.

The youth was black, the shooter was white, and there's "no" crime here? That's American history 101.

Here's what I think occurred and admittedly I'm only guessing: Black youth walking along minding his own business going back to the house he was staying at. Racist rent-a-cop sees black youth and thinks there is no possible way he could be there in this gated community legitimately. Rent-a-cop confronts youth who then does what any typical teenager would do and starts arguing back essentially telling rent-a-cop to shut it along with offering other "advice." Rent-a-cop wants to get physical, lays his hands upon the youth who retaliates. Rent-a-cop pulls out a gun and shoots the youth. And all this occurred because the rent-a-cop was a racist and the black youth had a big mouth. Of course this is only my theory and I could be off-base entirely.

LOl, Shooter was Hispanic.

Yeah my friend jumped the gun on this story. i said " Remember the Duke lacross story?" He shut the bleep up and said, Yeah better wait till the facts come out.

Shooting and killing an unarmed man generally qualifies as a pretty solid case all by itself.

Using deadly force against someone who is attempting to kill you generally qualifies as a valid usage.

Neither your nor I (nor any of the legions of blowhards who feel compelled to put in their .02 regarding what the police should have done) have any idea of what actually happened between Martin & Zimmerman.

Again I am more interested in the law being applied based upon what actually happened than what people who have only read a few histrionic laden blurbs THINK happened.

Switch races on the shooter and victim and I guarantee you there would have been an arrest at the scene.

The racial background of the individuals involved has no bearing on what criteria I want law enforcement to meet before they arrest someone.

Conversely switch the races of the shooter and victim and I guarantee you that the Justice Department wouldn't be making noises about possibly filing 'hate crime' charges.

I would also prefer if the Federal Government didn't use the racial background of individuals involved in a possible crime as a means to gain political capital.

Again that's just me.

I didn't say law enforcement should take race into account, I'm saying they do. Claiming that police or any other form of 'security' never use racial bias in making decisions in just naive. I'd be willing to be Zimmerman never even follows Martin if he had been a white teen and not a black teen, odds are he would not have viewed him as 'suspicious' or an 'a**hole' as the 911 tapes show.

I'm not a fan of 'hate crimes' in any way. It adds an element of thought crimes and not just judging on the actions taken.

You would be hard pressed to find another incident in which an unarmed man is shot and killed and the shooter is not taken into custody and booked. Weather or not charges get filed or what they are is something for the AD later. Generally speaking someone needs a weapon to be considered to be 'threatening your life' and no one is making a claim that Martin had anything other than a tea and skittles.

Again that's just me.

I didn't say law enforcement should take race into account, I'm saying they do. Claiming that police or any other form of 'security' never use racial bias in making decisions in just naive. I'd be willing to be Zimmerman never even follows Martin if he had been a white teen and not a black teen, odds are he would not have viewed him as 'suspicious' or an 'a**hole' as the 911 tapes show.

I'm not a fan of 'hate crimes' in any way. It adds an element of thought crimes and not just judging on the actions taken.

You would be hard pressed to find another incident in which an unarmed man is shot and killed and the shooter is not taken into custody and booked. Weather or not charges get filed or what they are is something for the AD later. Generally speaking someone needs a weapon to be considered to be 'threatening your life' and no one is making a claim that Martin had anything other than a tea and skittles.

Here in Texas the guy blew 2 burglars away and in the back. Grand jury did not indite. Amnd it was not his house. 911 told him to stay in his house. He said screw it and walked out and plugged them. Plus this shooter was white and the 2 crooks were hispanic. florida even has a easier law to blow someone away. This guy is walking and the black Panthers are not helping the case for trayvon. Not sure of the racial breakdown of this area,but I bet whites are starting to side (on emotion) with the shooter now. Plus if you think that grand jury does not see the news you are lost. Also for those that have not heard, the shooter was hispanic. If this is a dominate hispanic area he will walk also. I gave it 40% that he would be convicted,but seriously the black panthers down there are screwing this up putting a bounty on the shooters head.

You walk a fine line with that in Texas. I mean, how many people do they execute a year? Like 29 Million?

yeah bucky texas does not play around down here. Plus almost all the prisons do not have AC. The newer ones have metal roofs. Can you imagine how hot it gets inside one of those places and being crambed into a a bay area with 80 other men. but it is also nice down here that to get home invaded that person knows he is taking a 81% chance that if someone is home that he could be looking down a gun barrel.

I'd like to live in Texas but I don't have nearly eccentric enough of a hair do

lol,Bucky I am trying to leave. I was actually looking at trying to steal a lake cabin up in michigan because of the economy. I about threw up at the prices up there. That area the economy is just fine.

We'll see.