Martinez goes to QB camp during spring break (Pic included)

Jake and Cam turned out ok. Bottom line, for me, regardless of the outcome of this coaching is that the kid is stepping up big time. Shows a lot of maturity to do this. Becoming a good leader can often time take a team further than a "good" QB. Teams rally around a leader.

Great job on his part. If the rest of the team takes his lead and puts in the work, next year might be a very pleasant surprise.

Fajardo, that name seems familiar!

Whatever it takes to get the ball in the receivers hands because we have really good receivers. If the California guy can make Taylor into a great quarterback then he is worth the money.

I am wondering what money you are talking about and paid by whom?

Turn on the Big Ten Network right now to watch an interview with Tim Beck discussing Taylor's progress.

Shoot! I missed it....was looking forward to it all day...

Watch the segment with coach Beck at this link if you haven't already. I enjoyed it, and it makes me excited for both the spring game and the fall season. GBR!!!

http://btn.com/2012/03/27/preview-tim-beck-reviews-game-film/

Fajardo, that name seems familiar!

Whatever it takes to get the ball in the receivers hands because we have really good receivers. If the California guy can make Taylor into a great quarterback then he is worth the money.

I am wondering what money you are talking about and paid by whom?

Farjardo was a fall back option when little Gabbert defected. Don't think the staff made an offer in the end. I am sure the money mention is in reference to the fees the QB coach gets paid for his services by Taylor, or his Dad I am guessing.

Love this quote from Martinez:

"After the South Carolina game, I said the same thing," Martinez said. "I think every player needs to have high goals, and if a player doesn't have a goal to play for a national championship, they shouldn't play football."

Love it.

Lol @ Cody Farjado. That is all.

But seriously. It's great to see Taylor step up and really try and improve his throwing. It's great to see how much he wants to improve, and that he's not too proud to get professional help to do so. I've been hoping to see him get taught by an experienced QB coach since the season got over.

Joe Ganz can only go so far...

Westerkamp just visted and raved over Martinez's improvement

"Taylor (Martinez) looked awesome. He looked great. Everybody looked good, but Taylor really stood out to me. Rex (Burkhead) and all the receivers looked great too, but the way Taylor threw the ball was impressive. He was on the money during both practices, so it was awesome to watch him throw the ball."