Husker Basketball Recruiting Thread

Is Conner Beranek going to walk-on this year for Nebraska?

Don't know where this situation stands as of now but heard on a show last week that Miles was going to let him give a workout and give Conner an honest assessment as to whether or not he could help the team. Havent heard yet of whatever came out of that. I think he could contribute in pretty much the same manner as Drake did, but not be a difference maker. I'd personally like to Conner be here from the beginning, it would make him that much better working against a higher level of competition every day, and he'd be that much farther ahead by his senior year.

word around the block is that he's more athletic than drake

No knock on Drake, but that's not a huge threshold to surpass. I love the idea of local Nebraska kids contributing to the program, but the few times I've watched him, I'd be surprised if he warrants a scholly.

Certainly could be a walk-on though.

jmho

#Nebrasketball will have official visit Wednesday from Sergej Vucetic, a 7-1 center from Serbia. Can play the 2012-13 season.

LINK

Georgia Tech, Illinois, Marquette, Northwestern, Providence, Rhode Island and Vanderbilt are among other schools interested in Vucetic.

LINK

#Nebrasketball will have official visit Wednesday from Sergej Vucetic, a 7-1 center from Serbia. Can play the 2012-13 season.

LINK

Georgia Tech, Illinois, Marquette, Northwestern, Providence, Rhode Island and Vanderbilt are among other schools interested in Vucetic.

LINK

id take him just for pure blocking purposes, im sure he's gangly as ever and might not be the strongest kid but hell 7'1" is insane, any highlights or rivals or anything by chance?

Is Conner Beranek going to walk-on this year for Nebraska?

Don't know where this situation stands as of now but heard on a show last week that Miles was going to let him give a workout and give Conner an honest assessment as to whether or not he could help the team. Havent heard yet of whatever came out of that. I think he could contribute in pretty much the same manner as Drake did, but not be a difference maker. I'd personally like to Conner be here from the beginning, it would make him that much better working against a higher level of competition every day, and he'd be that much farther ahead by his senior year.

word around the block is that he's more athletic than drake

No knock on Drake, but that's not a huge threshold to surpass. I love the idea of local Nebraska kids contributing to the program, but the few times I've watched him, I'd be surprised if he warrants a scholly.

Certainly could be a walk-on though.

jmho

I would love to have him walk-on. I do not think that he is good enough to warrant a scholarship, but he could help out especially with depth next year. He has decent ball handling abilities and can also shoot pretty well. I don't know if his speed and agility would be able to work in the Big Ten, but at least he would be a guy that would work hard and push other players in practice.

I thought we were going to stop recruiting foreign kids...

Who said that?

Miles said it, but im guessing this will be a this year only type deal, we really just need to fill a roster, and if this kid is interested in basketball in the states, then why not let him check us out, he already has multiple offers from decent schools