Nebraska Alternative (aka Sacrilegious) Uniform Slamma Ramma Extravaganza 2012

This came out today which means the interview was yesterday right...?

No. They have these fancy things called telephones, and this thing called the internet (it's a series of tubes) that lets people communicate instantly.

But seriously, it's an AP writer, and it's been reported a few different places.

No. They have these fancy things called telephones, and this thing called the internet (it's a series of tubes) that lets people communicate instantly.

But seriously, it's an AP writer, and it's been reported a few different places.

No way really? What's this internet you speak of? I was only trying to make an April Fool's joke.

No way really? What's this internet you speak of? I was only trying to make an April Fool's joke.

I was trying to make a joke, period.

I failed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Yeah, I think anybody trying to make assumptions basedx on age probably hasn't thought that through really well. Case in point: I'm 43 and an attorney... Perfect for not wanting change, right? And yet this type of change is fun in my eyes. As long as it's not overboard, and I trust TO on that. But then, I thought Maryland's unis were fun. A lot of flash, sure, but fun, and with relevance to the team.

• Fire 1

In my opinion this is totally unnecessary. WE ARE NEBRASKA!!!!!! We don't need to change or alter our uniforms.

In my opinion we should not have to change our uniforms in order to get the attention of today's student athlete. I don't care if a young high school players is a 5 star recruit. If he chooses his school only because or mostly because a school has "new retro uniforms," then I say pass on the recruit. There are plenty of talented high school recruits out there who still respect places of high tradition like Nebraska who don't need to change their uniforms in order to get a recruit's attention.

I understand why Oregon does it, I understand why many teams do it, but in my opinion Nebraska does not and should not be one of those teams.

Call me old-school, call me outdated, but Nebraska became NEBRASKA by how we performed on the field, how are fan base supports our team and how they treat opposing team's fanbases. We didn't need some uniform gimmick to become one of the most powerful & most respected programs in college football history.

Stay who you are Nebraska....don't go down this road. :bigredn::throwdabones1::power

• Fire 4

Yeah, I think anybody trying to make assumptions basedx on age probably hasn't thought that through really well. Case in point: I'm 43 and an attorney... Perfect for not wanting change, right? And yet this type of change is fun in my eyes. As long as it's not overboard, and I trust TO on that. But then, I thought Maryland's unis were fun. A lot of flash, sure, but fun, and with relevance to the team.

maryland_uniforms-03.jpg

Wut?

• Fire 1