Huskers heightening expectations for 2012.

ADS

From the sounds of it i love where our team moral is right now but agin it is spring ball but for some reason it seems like that have taken a ton of steps this off season as far as team unity goes and getting every one to gel before the summer hits. sounds like guys love the way the upperclassmen have taken on the challenge to get every one on the right page.

"If we dont go to the national championship, I'll be disappointed" holy hell i love the confidence and morale, but i remember this quote last year headed into Camp Randall, "we're going to shock the world"

These quotes show immaturity and a lack of ability to focus on process rather than destination. The coaching staff needs to intervene and get these kids to focus on hard work, effort, dedication and process and get them to realize that have shown absolutely nothing to date to warrant any boasting whatsoever. get these kids to realize that they have everything to prove and have to scape and claw to earn respect.

They are not hungry... they seem entitled and unrealistic... and immature. No… quotes like these have me concerned that the NU players have learned little and advanced little --- and the coaches are not intervening as they ought --- these players need need to shut up and work on their game.

Arrogance is a character flaw and a crippler of work ethic.

^ the next thing he said was something along the lines of "if that isn't your goal then you shouldn't be playing football" - which I agree w/. Taken by itself that quote could be considered arrogant, but I don't think that is what Taylor was trying to get at.

I would like to see a few of them a little humbler though. Sometimes these things come off wrong and make me wonder if they fully realize how bad last year was. Some of those games were rough to watch live, can't imagine what it was like watching film review of them. How were they not humbled?

"If we dont go to the national championship, I'll be disappointed" holy hell i love the confidence and morale, but i remember this quote last year headed into Camp Randall, "we're going to shock the world"

Indeed NU did shock the world at Wisconsin last year --- it was shocking to see a team give up and roll over on national TV like that --- one would never expect a team to belly up like that. TMart was correct --- they did shock the world... just not in a good way.

Arrogance has a way of coming back to bite you. The young sometimes need to be bitten several times before they realize that they are not as good as they think. Then... once humility is instilled... they work harder and get better. NU needs to make that transition soon.

These quotes show immaturity and a lack of ability to focus on process rather than destination. The coaching staff needs to intervene and get these kids to focus on hard work, effort, dedication and process and get them to realize that have shown absolutely nothing to date to warrant any boasting whatsoever. get these kids to realize that they have everything to prove and have to scape and claw to earn respect.

They are not hungry... they seem entitled and unrealistic... and immature. No… quotes like these have me concerned that the NU players have learned little and advanced little --- and the coaches are not intervening as they ought --- these players need need to shut up and work on their game.

while i agree, prepare to get your head bitten off!

Indeed NU did shock the world at Wisconsin last year --- it was shocking to see a team give up and roll over on national TV like that --- one would never expect a team to belly up like that. TMart was correct --- they did shock the world... just not in a good way.

Arrogance has a way of coming back to bite you. The young sometimes need to be bitten several times before they realize that they are not as good as they think. Then... once humility is instilled... they work harder and get better. NU needs to make that transition soon.

yup.......

I think I'll keep my expectations tempered this season. They were mighty high last year and that made the blowout losses even more painful.

I think people should worry less about their expectations being fulfilled, and more about things being done the right way.

I "expect" us to compete for championships every year, but I know that's unreasonable. Instead, every time something doesn't go according to plan, I like to remember that I look forward to this time for 8 months out of the year. A lot of us (myself included) spend way too much time enjoying what never happens, or the team's failures.

Umm, the last 4 Osborne teams say hi. Especially Tommie Frazier.

I would say that's confidence, not arrogance.

Umm, the last 4 Osborne teams say hi. Especially Tommie Frazier.

I would say that's confidence, not arrogance.

But where do you draw the line between the two? The players may think it's confidence, but other people think of it as being arrogant.