This is my first time with ncaa football. anyone have any tips on what plays to run? Im playing as nebraska and just got crushed 19-0.

Run a 4-3 D easiest to run. Run a balanced O.

I'll use the 4-3. thanks

4-3 is fine. I like running a man defense because there are way too many holes if you run zone, you will get shredded through the air. Im not very good at this game because i only played 12 for a few weeks and traded it in due to disappointment.

Hey guys, good to hear you're enjoying the new game. It's about time EA listened to and tried to improve some of the major issues in the game.

Nice to hear they finally go rid of the DB's gliding over 10 yards to make an insane pick on a receiver who is seemingly running wide open, and LB's with 15 ft. verticals. That unrealistic crap really created some hair pulling in the past for me.

Anyway, I just read the Gamespot and IGN reviews for the game, and I had a few questions. Both reviewers kind of reached a consensus on one thing. They didn't really do much updating to the actual Dynasty mode itself, just the actual gameplay. Anyway, questions:

1. One guy mentioned the menus on Dynasty were difficult to navigate and tedious. Is that true? Not a dealbreaker for me, but I'd still like to know.
  2. Keeping with Dynasty, I've heard guys mention the changes to recruiting... but haven't heard anybody discuss them in depth. Do they make recruiting more or less enjoyable or is it more or less the same as last year?
  3. One of the reviewers mentioned that receivers actually drag their feet correctly on sidelines catches. Sweet. Bout time. But he said all the new offensive improvements made D much more difficult. True or false?

Now, the last one can be fixed with sliders. He mentioned picks were hard to come by, and that could easily be remedied by cranking up interceptions. However, sometimes when I make one change to a single slider, it seems to change the entire game, making it way too hard or (more commonly) a breeze. Ever happen to anybody else?

Thanks to anybody that takes the time to answer any of these questions. I'm just trying to make sure if I do pick up the game it's $60 well spent. Last year made me real wary of pre-ordering for a disappointing game just for some crap bonus, so I decided to wait and see this year before getting the game. Luckily, the reviews from you guys all sound resoundingly positive.

Anyway, I just read the Gamespot and IGN reviews for the game, and I had a few questions. Both reviewers kind of reached a consensus on one thing. They didn't really do much updating to the actual Dynasty mode itself, just the actual gameplay. Anyway, questions:

1. One guy mentioned the menus on Dynasty were difficult to navigate and tedious. Is that true? Not a dealbreaker for me, but I'd still like to know.
  2. Keeping with Dynasty, I've heard guys mention the changes to recruiting... but haven't heard anybody discuss them in depth. Do they make recruiting more or less enjoyable or is it more or less the same as last year?
  3. One of the reviewers mentioned that receivers actually drag their feet correctly on sidelines catches. Sweet. Bout time. But he said all the new offensive improvements made D much more difficult. True or false?

Now, the last one can be fixed with sliders. He mentioned picks were hard to come by, and that could easily be remedied by cranking up interceptions. However, sometimes when I make one change to a single slider, it seems to change the entire game, making it way too hard or (more commonly) a breeze. Ever happen to anybody else?

I've only played/recruited through 3 weeks of Dynasty, so from my limited experience...

1. I haven't really noticed a big difference in menu navigation. Not sure what the guy was talking about?

2. A couple of big things, first they added Scouting time. You can scout a player and his attributes might increase or decrease off of the expected level. To be honest, I'm not really sure how it affects things. I mean, if you don't scout them, I'm not sure if their ratings will change to the actual level after they commit or if scouting them gives you a possible bonus to their ratings. Secondly, every rating for your school changes weekly (playing time, play style, coach stability, etc.). Obviously, that can really help or really hurt you.

3. I haven't had a problem with the defense. As with any game in the series it takes a couple of games to get use to the tweaks and see what works best. I'd add that offensively, the passing is much improved and more realistic. Running the ball is very similar to 2012.

Is anyone else haveing any major-Online glitches?

When I first got the game yesterday, I got a message on the main menu that said something to the effect of "unable to register my online-pass", and told me to visit EAsports.com..... I messed around there for a little while, not accomplishing much of anything. After that I restarted the game and online was working fine...

Today, same story. Except I've restarted 5 times now, and still no online features appear on the main screen, except for the online-menu that tells me I can't register my online-pass.

Also the load time for just the main menu, after the 'hiesman into', is taking FOREVER, I waited over 3-4 minuts twice today whenever I've logged-out & restarted the game.

Did I just get a crappy copy of the game or is anybody else having these issues?

Sounds like typical EA after release to me hosker. They always have server issues the first month or so, and the game usually ships with glitches or slow play that will be addressed in a "patch" which hopefully doesn't F up the game again.

I'm going to pick it up when I get off work Friday. Decked, I'll play you if you want.

Maybe some other day? Going to Wisconsin for a week :D. Just got my first online victory on 13 1-0!

Ok man sounds good, enjoy your vacation and slay those fish. If anybody else would like to play I'm on 360... GT is "melikeybier"

Hey guys, good to hear you're enjoying the new game. It's about time EA listened to and tried to improve some of the major issues in the game.

Nice to hear they finally go rid of the DB's gliding over 10 yards to make an insane pick on a receiver who is seemingly running wide open, and LB's with 15 ft. verticals. That unrealistic crap really created some hair pulling in the past for me.

Thanks to anybody that takes the time to answer any of these questions. I'm just trying to make sure if I do pick up the game it's $60 well spent. Last year made me real wary of pre-ordering for a disappointing game just for some crap bonus, so I decided to wait and see this year before getting the game. Luckily, the reviews from you guys all sound resoundingly positive.

1. No it's just fine.

2. The recruiting is much more enjoyable, the scouting does matter because once they commit their actually rating will change to what it would have been if you scouted them. So basically if you target a guy who's 80 overall and once you have him completely scouted he will go either up or down. You can drop targets if they lose a bunch of ratings, and target harder on kids who are actually better. But if you don't scout and end up picking up a recruit, he will be his actual rating, not what you recruited him as.

3. Defense isn't bad, most of my games have been in the 20's or 30's. The Dbs actually look real now. This might be stupid to complain about excuse they finally made them not be able to make unreal ints, but they drop so many wide open pics it's crazy. Passing is tough, and I can count probably 5 times a game where there should have been a wide open int. granted they shouldn't pic them all or it wouldn't be fun, but some are so wide open it's rediculous

3. Defense isn't bad, most of my games have been in the 20's or 30's. The Dbs actually look real now. This might be stupid to complain about excuse they finally made them not be able to make unreal ints, but they drop so many wide open pics it's crazy. Passing is tough, and I can count probably 5 times a game where there should have been a wide open int. granted they shouldn't pic them all or it wouldn't be fun, but some are so wide open it's rediculous

I know I'm probably nit picking and being overly critical but that is one thing that's always bugged me. The DB has his shoulders square to the ball and his hands in perfect placement with no one around and he drops it... Couldn't they make an animation where he miss judges it, or his hands get tangled, or he has stone hands and is fumbling for it until it hits the ground. I think 427 new catch animations and then adding 3 defensive drop animations wouldn't have been too much to ask.