SIGNED OG D.J. Foster

Nexus

I'm not afraid of Alabama. Alabama literally can pick whoever wants in. Just look at all of the players listed as "warm" that they have offered: http://alabama.247sp...Football/Offers

Pretty much every person they offer the prospect throws them up right at the top of their list.

ahh i can always look forward to the day when this is not the case...... hopefully in my lifetime

I'm not afraid of Alabama. Alabama literally can pick whoever wants in. Just look at all of the players listed as "warm" that they have offered: http://alabama.247sp...Football/Offers

Pretty much every person they offer the prospect throws them up right at the top of their list.

ahh i can always look forward to the day when this is not the case...... hopefully in my lifetime

The landscape of college football changes so often, goes through spurts. The eighties belonged top Miami, the nineties belonged to us. USC was pretty dominant in the early 2000's. It'll happen, the sec will be dethroned along with alabama, in good time

• Fire 1

Changes happen infrequently but they will happen. Saban may or may not leave anytime soon. Oregon just lost their coach so their future may be up in the air. USC looked unbeatable just a few years ago but NCAA sanctions and the dumpster fire that is now their coach have pushed them to the middle of the pack. If we can get solid line play, the Huskers aren't far away from competing with SEC schools. DJ would be a big part of us having a solid O line in coming years.

The landscape of college football changes so often, goes through spurts. The eighties belonged top Miami, the nineties belonged to us. USC was pretty dominant in the early 2000's. It'll happen, the sec will be dethroned along with alabama, in good time

Agree it always runs in cycles.

Picked up offers from Mizzou, Wake Forest, and Georgia today.

Georgia is the head scratcher offer. They should have plenty of offensive guards to offer in their region of the country.

Maybe ol' Richt was in town visiting his brothers and they told him to check him out.

This is the free part of the article . I got a tear in my eye when reading it as it sounds like he could end up leaving Nebraska for the Southeast. It isn't often that the state of Nebraska has a 4-star so it makes me sad when they leave. I hope he chooses Nebraska.

Nebraska lineman gets offer

Jake Rowe

UGASports.com

The old saying, "football isn't a game, it is a religion," is completely worn out at this point, but every now and then there is a case where, within a family, it is almost true.

That is the case with Southeast (Lincoln, Neb.) offensive lineman D.J. Foster.

According to the junior lineman, the game is an institution in his family.

"I've been playing football since I was seven years-old," Foster said. "Football is a big thing in my family. My brother (Tray Foster) goes to Nebraska right now. He is a redshirt freshman. It is just a thing we have always been a part of. I've got to say that I love the sport and I'm so happy to be able to take it to the next level. My dad (Jesse Foster) and he used help out Alabama back in I think it was 2000 or 2002. It was right before we moved to Nebraska. He coached high school in Alabama and he is now coaching varsity linebackers as a volunteer coach."

Almost every recruit who gets to the point in the recruiting process loves the game to some extent, but Foster is different.

He loves the game and is also enjoying the process.

"Man it is a blessing just to be able to take my talents to play the game that I love and being able to go to the next level," he said. "The recruiting process, I'm finding that it is real fun and real exciting. Some days it feels it like no one is looking at you then the next day you get an offer or get a phone call asking about schools looking at you. It's fun."

On Monday, Foster, who grew up an Alabama fan, got an offer from an SEC school that played the Tide in last year's SEC Championship game.

"My coach told me a couple of days ago that I need to call Georgia because they had a coach that wanted to talk to me," he said. "I thought this would be a good day. I got out of school a little early and I went to our training room and called coach (Will) Friend. He gave me the offer right then."

The star lineman has a high opinion of the Bulldogs football program, but he also admits that he isn't just looking for a winning tradition at the next level.

He is focused on other things a little more.

"I know they are a winning school," Foster said when asked what he knows about UGA. "They have a great football team, but I'm going to be looking at academics and being able to figure out how many guys they get through the program and how many guys they graduate. I want to be able to fully know more about their academics because every body knows about the top schools and how they are good at sports. But I want to figure out academics so I can know what I can do when I get out of school."

At this point in his recruitment, Foster says that all teams are even, but he expects things to change this summer.

"This summer I'll be going down to Alabama because I have family down there," he said. "I'll be in the SEC area and I am going to try to see schools down there that are looking at me. I'm going to hopefully narrow it down before the end summer and hopefully I'll know where I want to go at the end of the summer. You never know about that. It could just go through the season. I don't know. I do want to at least get to my top five when I get to the end of the summer."

With family in Alabama and a brother that plays at Nebraska, many feel that either of those teams could be Foster's dream school.

Foster, however, says that he is taking an open-minded approach to his recruitment.

"I don't have a dream school right now," he said. "I love Alabama. Don't get me wrong about that, but I don't know exactly what school is going to be best for me. I want to figure that out this summer."

This is the free part of the article . I got a tear in my eye when reading it as it sounds like he could end up leaving Nebraska for the Southeast. It isn't often that the state of Nebraska has a 4-star so it makes me sad when they leave. I hope he chooses Nebraska.

Nebraska lineman gets offer

Jake Rowe

UGASports.com

The old saying, "football isn't a game, it is a religion," is completely worn out at this point, but every now and then there is a case where, within a family, it is almost true.

That is the case with Southeast (Lincoln, Neb.) offensive lineman D.J. Foster.

According to the junior lineman, the game is an institution in his family.

"I've been playing football since I was seven years-old," Foster said. "Football is a big thing in my family. My brother (Tray Foster) goes to Nebraska right now. He is a redshirt freshman. It is just a thing we have always been a part of. I've got to say that I love the sport and I'm so happy to be able to take it to the next level. My dad (Jesse Foster) and he used help out Alabama back in I think it was 2000 or 2002. It was right before we moved to Nebraska. He coached high school in Alabama and he is now coaching varsity linebackers as a volunteer coach."

Almost every recruit who gets to the point in the recruiting process loves the game to some extent, but Foster is different.

He loves the game and is also enjoying the process.

"Man it is a blessing just to be able to take my talents to play the game that I love and being able to go to the next level," he said. "The recruiting process, I'm finding that it is real fun and real exciting. Some days it feels it like no one is looking at you then the next day you get an offer or get a phone call asking about schools looking at you. It's fun."

On Monday, Foster, who grew up an Alabama fan, got an offer from an SEC school that played the Tide in last year's SEC Championship game.

"My coach told me a couple of days ago that I need to call Georgia because they had a coach that wanted to talk to me," he said. "I thought this would be a good day. I got out of school a little early and I went to our training room and called coach (Will) Friend. He gave me the offer right then."

The star lineman has a high opinion of the Bulldogs football program, but he also admits that he isn't just looking for a winning tradition at the next level.

He is focused on other things a little more.

"I know they are a winning school," Foster said when asked what he knows about UGA. "They have a great football team, but I'm going to be looking at academics and being able to figure out how many guys they get through the program and how many guys they graduate. I want to be able to fully know more about their academics because every body knows about the top schools and how they are good at sports. But I want to figure out academics so I can know what I can do when I get out of school."

At this point in his recruitment, Foster says that all teams are even, but he expects things to change this summer.

"This summer I'll be going down to Alabama because I have family down there," he said. "I'll be in the SEC area and I am going to try to see schools down there that are looking at me. I'm going to hopefully narrow it down before the end summer and hopefully I'll know where I want to go at the end of the summer. You never know about that. It could just go through the season. I don't know. I do want to at least get to my top five when I get to the end of the summer."

With family in Alabama and a brother that plays at Nebraska, many feel that either of those teams could be Foster's dream school.

Foster, however, says that he is taking an open-minded approach to his recruitment.

"I don't have a dream school right now," he said. "I love Alabama. Don't get me wrong about that, but I don't know exactly what school is going to be best for me. I want to figure that out this summer."

It definitely sounds like he would jump if Alabama calls. Bo and company have their work cut out for them. When he was recruiting Drake Martinez, Bo said he was hands off too much (out of respect and not to pressure him to come just because his brother was on the team) and may have made him feel unwanted for a time. Hope he plays this very differently, and highlights how great it would be for him and his family if he played at Nebraska with his brother. Got to use the edge this situation creates for him. No other school will be able to.

Also, I like our chances over Alabama in the academic realm (which seemed high on his list).