Fighting Erstads Huskers vs tOSU Buckeyes

Thought I'd start this thread with a facilities comparison via aerial pictures:

Bill Davis Stadium tOSU

From the aerial view the stadium faces the northeast. I rotated the picture clockwise.

Bill-Davis-Stadium-Areal-View.png

Hawks Field:

Hawks-Field-Areal-View.png

Bill Davis stadium, though not the worst in the BIG does fall short in comparison to Hawks. Gotta love the Hawks environment and game day experience.

Buckeyes are 8-3 at home this year winning 1 against Purdue and sweeping Minnesota. Last year they were 13-8 at home, sweeping Northwestern and Michigan. They lost 2 to Iowa but won 2 of 3 in the Michigan State series. They also played 2 games against Okie St at home last year splitting those.

Winning the series there will be more difficult then some might think. OSU has a decent ball club.

Are they doing renovations to the OSU park? There appears to be a lot of what looks like construction equipment along the outside of the fence and in the parking lot.

On a side note.....the field itself at Hawks was in EXCELLENT condition when I was there last Friday. The mild winter did help in that department.

No, the renovations were completed before this season began but it appears as though google maps snap shot was taken before the construction leftovers were removed.

As for the series and looking at the conference standings (Nebraska, tOSU and Indiana tied for second) this series is looming to be larger by the minute. Michigan State at Indiana and skers vs buckeye's. This is separation weekend for someone. Illinois is at Purdue and if they can take one while we take two it keeps us in the running for the regular season championship. Losing two would be a bad thing.

This should be a good series. I just hope our "road woes" do not continue. This team hasn't looked that comfortable on the road this year. I would love to think the fighting erstads could take 2 here but im not betting on it. although i should, because whatever i bet it always goes the other way.

I still see improvement in this team. Keller's pitching against creighton was good. I hope to see more guys going deeper into games.

Game Day!!! Love it!!!

Keller performed well Tuesday night, hopefully he continues. I think the mid-week game is perfect for him right now. Allow him to gain confidence and develop that off speed stuff. Lemke's pitch count will always be a factor as Erstad and Silva won't risk injurying him and hurting his chances of going on. As for going deeper into the game with our starters. Yes its a form of intimidation but truth is, a strong bullpen does the same thing.

As for the tOSU series, below is the announced rotation:

• Fri., April 13 - 5:35 p.m. (CT): Tyler King, So., LHP (1-0) vs. TBA
  • Sat., April 14 - 2:05 p.m. (CT): Brandon Pierce, So., RHP (4-1) vs. TBA
  • Sun., April 15 - 12:05 p.m. (CT): Zach Hirsch, So., LHP (3-2) vs. TBA

Lemke is pulled for King and I wonder if as 95Huskers said above, the move was partially done with the hope of going deeper with the starter? The series should be fun. It's obvious, with the congestion at 5-4 in the conference standings, the magnitude of the games. Winning game 1 would remove some of the pressure but these cardiac kids seem to play better with pressure so who knows. There is one thing I'm sure of; I know we here on the boards will all be pulling for the big red.

GBR