Fighting Erstads Huskers vs tOSU Buckeyes

Rhetorical alert ---> Here's something worth pondering? Does any Husker baseball team from 2009-2011 come back and win the series against Illinois & Ohio State after losing as big as they did in those 1st games this year?

This has been one of the positives that should be applauded about this 1st season under Erstad. It's that mental toughness that's been lacking the last few years. Hopefully they continue to build on this trait and find a steady Friday ace to rely on in the future.

I think we've sort of found a Saturday starter. I don't think we've found the right guy for Friday yet. I think Pierce actually does pretty well, for the most part, and will probably compete pretty well against most teams' Saturday starters. That Friday spot has just been tough. And sadly, on most weekends, that has put us in an 0-1 game hole to start the series. Hopefully, they'll find somebody that will stick on Fridays.

Great ending to the series. Snapped OSU's 7 game win streak and snapped our own 15 conference series losing streak on the road. Our biggest conference series of the year next weekend. Hopefully someone can step up on the mound next Friday. We need to punch Purdue in the mouth early to get some momentum going.

First conference road series win since 2008 (vs. Baylor) according to the BTN Diamond Report. Has it been *that* long since we fielded a competent team?

And great job by the 'Huskers. Don't forget that the Student U broadcast of this game will happen later this week, and it's apparently going to be the second game of the doubleheader where we blew out tOSU. Set your DVRs, folks!