Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

No clueMatt Lothrop (@MattLothrop8) tweeted at 3:31 PM on Tue, Nov 13, 2012:

BaseballAmerica ranks Nebraska baseball recruit Ryan Boldt as 9th best prep prospect for 2013 Draft. Not sure he'll ever see Lincoln.

(

)

Had no idea Boldt was rated this high. Would be nice to stop losing recruits to the draft.

Only, Edrington and Boldt all signed LOI's today.

Happy to see these two signees. Edrington might be able to help us this year! Ryan Boldt will have one more decision to make. We probably won't find out his status until next August. Hopefully, Mr Kelly will be a positive influence. :)

Jake Wimer is an official. Can't find much info on him... but glad he's in the fold. I think Erstad&staff have a good eye for talent.

http://www.kansascitysportsclub.com/

• Fire 1

Happy to see these two signees. Edrington might be able to help us this year! Ryan Boldt will have one more decision to make. We probably won't find out his status until next August. Hopefully, Mr Kelly will be a positive influence. :)

Jake Wimer is an official. Can't find much info on him... but glad he's in the fold. I think Erstad&staff have a good eye for talent.

Thanks for the new info on Wimer. I'll add him to the 1st post.

BTW, Only is a player too. I noticed you said "two signees" so you probably read it wrong. My bad for wording it that way. :P

Grant Gamble just submitted his LOI as well.

Thanks for the new info on Wimer. I'll add him to the 1st post.

BTW, Only is a player too. I noticed you said "two signees" so you probably read it wrong. My bad for wording it that way. :P

Grant Gamble just submitted his LOI as well.

:LOLtartar OOOPS! My bad! That's actually pretty funny how I read that wrong. Good thing we didn't get a firstbasemen by the name of Who.

I forgot about Bryce. Only should be a great 3rd baseman. Thanks for clearing that up and posting the other signees. chuckleshuffle

Boldt won't put the red on... he'll be taken in the draft early and probably getting a max bonus...

There are two other kids being recruited from Minnesota right now that are also MLB prospects...

So, I'd completely agree with the statement that Erstad and Company have an eye for talent and what is kind of scary. When Erstad offers it also sends signals to MLB scouts. There's a reason for this and I'm hoping it leads to more Boldt type players coming to dear old NU to develop. Time will tell :)

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Boy Nexus your on the ball. Thanks for the info. I knew about King but not Engelken

It'd be a heck of a lot easier to follow recruiting if perfectgame.org were situated like Rivals, 24/7, etc. (FREE searches) so that I could navigate by school and see who has offers? LJS, OWH, Rivals and 24/7 have done a good job in getting commitment info. out though.

• 1 month later...

According to 24/7 and Rivals, NU secured a new 2014 commit. He doesn't have a perfectgame.com profile yet though. I found this little tidbit about him:

Unknown to us before the workout, but leaving a lasting impression, was RHP Reece Eddins (Blue Springs South HS, Class of 2014). The lanky 6-foot-5, 180-pound righty has a deceptive delivery with good rhythm and a free, easy delivery topping at 85 mph with some late arm side movement.

LINK

According to 24/7 and Rivals, NU secured a new 2014 commit. He doesn't have a perfectgame.com profile yet though. I found this little tidbit about him:

Unknown to us before the workout, but leaving a lasting impression, was RHP Reece Eddins (Blue Springs South HS, Class of 2014). The lanky 6-foot-5, 180-pound righty has a deceptive delivery with good rhythm and a free, easy delivery topping at 85 mph with some late arm side movement.

LINK

That quote is way off, says 88 mph on Rivals. :sarcasm Has a 12-6 curveball and change-up as well.

Thanks for the info, Nexus!

LINK

That quote is way off, says 88 mph on Rivals. :sarcasm Has a 12-6 curveball and change-up as well.

Thanks for the info, Nexus!

:P

85, 88... same difference. :D

• 3 weeks later...