Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

35 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Hadn't even offered him yet.  Pathetic

Kid is an absolute stud.

Erstad did land a couple good prospects in Omaha and the surrounding areas this past class.

Got a couple good ones from Grand Island and then the Gomes kid and Feekin and Perry.

Surprised he hadn't offered yet. In June the word from MW was that he was going to be getting one soon. 

30 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I'm curious, what does top 35 signify exactly? Just that we recruited better than everyone in the B1G besides Illinois?

I like Erstad just fine, just wondering why I keep seeing really good players from Omaha and Lincoln slip through his fingers, sometimes without even attempting.

If you are saying that we had the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G that isn't a bad thing....

I haven't researched where these "Lincoln and Omaha" kids are going but there are a lot of place in the United States that can draw a midwestern kid that wants to play a warm weather sport

On 9/20/2018 at 8:33 AM, GBRFAN said:

If you are saying that we had the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G that isn't a bad thing....

I haven't researched where these "Lincoln and Omaha" kids are going but there are a lot of place in the United States that can draw a midwestern kid that wants to play a warm weather sport

So... if you look above, Max Anderson out of Millard West just committed to Texas A&M. Nebraska did not offer him.

If Nebraska offered and he said no, I want to go somewhere where it is warm, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, it doesn't even fit this particular scenario.  2nd best in the B1G isn't very good TBH, in college baseball.

3 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

So... if you look above, Max Anderson out of Millard West just committed to Texas A&M. Nebraska did not offer him.

If Nebraska offered and he said no, I want to go somewhere where it is warm, then you'd have a case. Otherwise, it doesn't even fit this particular scenario.  2nd best in the B1G isn't very good TBH, in college baseball.

f7FdEdG.jpg

6 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Should a coach just throw out offers and then go see if there is interest or does it make sense to see if a kid has a desire to stay locally and then plan accordingly.  If a kid is good at a sport and the local team isn't a national power then going to a warm climate for an outdoor sport is a dream come true.

The B1G isn't a power in baseball but why should Nebraska expect to be better than 2nd - not saying we can't wish to be better but saying that second sucks seems aggressive.

18 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Should a coach just throw out offers and then go see if there is interest or does it make sense to see if a kid has a desire to stay locally and then plan accordingly.  If a kid is good at a sport and the local team isn't a national power then going to a warm climate for an outdoor sport is a dream come true.

The B1G isn't a power in baseball but why should Nebraska expect to be better than 2nd - not saying we can't wish to be better but saying that second sucks seems aggressive.

Okay, so either you know Erstad talked to Anderson or you don’t.  Is that how it went or no? If you don’t know, don’t say.