Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

The Huskers missed out on a former Pius graduate Michael Helman. Michael led Hutchison (Kansas) JC in batting with .416 average and was recently named the 2016 ABCA/Rawlings NJCAA Division I Gold Glove winner at second base. Michael recently committed to play for former Husker coach Rob Childress at A&M.

My nephew played with Michael in high school and legion ball and I know Michael wanted to be a Husker BAD, but now he'll probably manning a middle infield position in College Station.

Staff is inept with recruitment. See my post at #214.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

Ben Probst, the RHP from Dowling Catholic, is now the #1 ranked prospect in Iowa. Could be a sleeper as he was not highly thought of until recently and is going to be a recruited walk-on next year.

I am pretty sure Swanda the pitcher from Roosevelt(husker commit) is the number one player in Iowa.

• 3 months later...

Ben Probst, the RHP from Dowling Catholic, is now the #1 ranked prospect in Iowa. Could be a sleeper as he was not highly thought of until recently and is going to be a recruited walk-on next year.

I am pretty sure Swanda the pitcher from Roosevelt(husker commit) is the number one player in Iowa.

Swanda was drafted by the Angles in the fourth round.

• 2 weeks later...