Husker Baseball Recruiting Thread

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2061741-mlb-draft-big-board-2014-mike-rosenbaums-complete-pre-draft-rankings/page/5

41 Jakson Reetz C/OF Hickman HS (Neb.)

Nebraska

There also could be a run on high-ceiling prep prospects toward the back end of the first round (and beyond) should college hitters come off the board early. If that’s ultimately the case, expect teams to target players such as 2B Forrest Wall (48), C Chase Vallot (47), C/OF Jakson Reetz (41), 1B/OF Braxton Davidson (38) and OF Marcus Wilson (33).

I wouldn't bet on either Harrison or Reetz actually coming to Nebraska. I hope they do, but if they go that high, you can't blame em for going the pro route.

Met some kids who are best friends with Reetz. From what they said, it is very unlikely he doesn't come - he is very set on attending Nebraska and getting a college education. Take it for what it's worth, I suppose.

I wouldn't bet on either Harrison or Reetz actually coming to Nebraska. I hope they do, but if they go that high, you can't blame em for going the pro route.

Met some kids who are best friends with Reetz. From what they said, it is very unlikely he doesn't come - he is very set on attending Nebraska and getting a college education. Take it for what it's worth, I suppose.

My cousin is a Junior and plays with Reetz. He is on the fence yet... I dont know how he turns down first round money... i guess we will see. I think he is playing the fence game to see what kind of contract he may be able to get. It really probably comes down to how the early first round plays out and if teams are going to go after him. I have family that attend all of their games and there are many many scouts at every game. I think it will be hard to keep him here... who know but him though, right