Vince Marrow and Recruiting Ohio

This article is from about a week ago, BEFORE, we got Love to committ. We need to find room on the staff for this guy. He seems to have big connections in Ohio. He was out recruiting for Cotton who had surgury on his shoulder and Love commits.

"Sometimes, I know a lot of these kids that are coming up, I either knew their parents or — and I come from a large family — their parents know my brothers," Marrow said. "It's very easy for me to go and recruit."

"During that time, Marrow helped lure defensive back LeRoy Alexander, who's from Toledo, Ohio, and is set to join the Husker program this summer. Marrow also played a role in securing a nonbinding commitment from 2013 safety Marcus McWilson out of Youngstown."

Had a hand in McWilson and Love, 2 four star highly recruited kids.

http://www.omaha.com...best-to-huskers

Another article on him and his son Mike, who sounds like he will see alot of playing time in the next two years. Pelini also devulged in his Taking the next step article that Sam wrote in the OWH that Mike has a slight edge over CJ coming out of spring.

"What people don't understand is Nick Saban recruited him as a big back," Vince said, "and he was right behind Trent Richardson at Alabama as a true freshman."

"Once he learns the fullback position," Brown said, "I think he'll be a pretty devastating player."

http://huskerextra.c...20c02772a1.html

Will also add that Vince has 2 years left as a GA and cant recruit unless we have an open spot on the staff (like we had before we hired Kaz), or a coach is physically unable to recruit like Cotton is right now. I could see Brown retiring in a couple years OR we could fire Barney, Garrsion takes over the OL and Marrow keeps the TEs. But i dont want to turn this into a fire Barney thread, even thou Vince already seems to recruit alot better then Barney, and he has huge connections in OHIO. OK fire Barney is our only option.

I would guess a lot of Husker fans have under-valued Marrow's contributions to this staff during his short tenure.

I certainly hope we can find a permanent spot for him. He brings a lot of football connections into play, not only through the high school ranks, but from his years in the league.