Husker Draft Picks 2012

Ziggy

I hope that the 49ers take a look at Crick at either the end of the 2nd (maybe too high for Crick) or pray that he last till the end of the 3rd and they can grab him then. I think that Crick will go late 2nd to 3rd round. David, I think will go in the mid-2nd to mid-3rd round. Dennard, I think will still get taken in the 3rd or 4th because of his talent. I don't look for any other player to get drafted, however a few will be signed as UDFA shortly after the draft.

I really can't see teams letting Fonz slip out of the 2nd. Think how many red flag guys still get taken early. And this is a smaller and more isolated incident than many other cases.

Fonzie is a legit round 1 talent.

Agreed. As I posted before. Warren Sapp only slipped a few spots for his indiscretions.

Crick- 4th round (too bad, came back for his team and will pay)

And this is the exact reason why he should have left. All the arguments when Bubba was deciding if he should go to BB or not and a few was saying he should get his degree first before millions. How much money did Crick just lose because he stayed an extra year?

I really can't see teams letting Fonz slip out of the 2nd. Think how many red flag guys still get taken early. And this is a smaller and more isolated incident than many other cases.

Fonzie is a legit round 1 talent.

Agreed. As I posted before. Warren Sapp only slipped a few spots for his indiscretions.

Remember former KU corner Aqib Talib? He had some character issues going into the draft and he was still taken at no. 20 overall by Gruden and the Bucs in 2008. I would think Fonzie is as talented or moreso than him. Granted Gruden and gm Bruce Allen were fired at the end of that year and Talib has had numerous problems since then. I don't think Fonzie will fall as far as many have predicted. Someone will take a chance on him a la Talib.

Sounds like a few boards see all 3 going in the 2nd to the 3rd. A few have Fonzie going completely undrafted which is stupid in my opinion, because the chance to have a 1st round talent in the 5-7th round is def worth a wasted pick if he ends up with jail time, however unlikely that is.

I feel like Crick is one of those guys who could stand to fall later. His shining moment, I think, remains his 5-sack day against Baylor with Suh next to him. Even before his injury he was not having a good senior year. Teams would be questioning his motor and that's really not good. And, he's a tweener which I don't think can really help. Some 3-4 team will take him as an end, but will it be as early as round 2? I dunno.

David, I really hope he goes early. Feel like he should, he was the key part of the defense. Sounds like a lot of people are unimpressed with his technique and combined with the smaller size, that's not good. Pessimism says no lower than round 4, but I feel like he's solid round 2.

And this is the exact reason why he should have left. All the arguments when Bubba was deciding if he should go to BB or not and a few was saying he should get his degree first before millions. How much money did Crick just lose because he stayed an extra year?

How much did SUH make for staying the extra year. Easy to compare looking back. No injury, Crick looks like genius for staying. Look at Luck as well. You never can tell.

How much did SUH make for staying the extra year. Easy to compare looking back. No injury, Crick looks like genius for staying. Look at Luck as well. You never can tell.

Not even comparable. Suh got drafted before the new rookie wage scale implemented last year with the new CBA!

Sam Bradford got $78 mill for 5 yrs. With $50 mill guaranteed

Suh got $68 mill for 5yrs. With $40 mill guaranteed.

New CBA. Last year Scam Newton got $22 mill all of which is guaranteed.

If hypothetically Suh had another year to play and came back, that woulda cost him $20 in guaranteed money if he came back and was chosen #1.

Edit: just read your post closer... I see what you're saying. Good points!!!

The only thing is, Suh had a ton of money in insurance if he had gotten hurt.