Sad night tonight

glad you stood up for yourself and beliefs, i dont think you could have said anything different, a person who would say that is definetely souless

A person who says that dogs don't have souls is soulless?

dogs have souls, every living thing has a soul

Even plants? cause they are living too

I believe they do, they have emotions too, they shed their leaves before the fall...this is a controversial issue and cannot be proven but imo everything living has a soul...and i think it crazy when people dont think animals do, they experience fear, happiness, sadness, understanding, contentement, anger, excitement, the same things humans do.

Having feelings and having a soul are two different things.

Hey, let's try to not derail this thread with religion like so many other threads have.

What do you mean by "derail"?

From the OP:

I got suspended from an Ethics class my Jr. year in college when the pious prof. said that dogs had no soul and didn't go to heaven. I told him that there are a lot of souless human's who don't deserve to be in heaven and that we should be happy that dogs let us in. I also told him he was full of s--t and that for all I cared he could go F himself. I walked out of class and he didn't like it. I got to go see the Dean. Lucky thing I won't see that jerek tomorrow because I'd re-introduce myself and let him know that I still to this day think he is a horses a$$.

Religion would be very much on topic.

First I want to thank everyone for your support. Rocky was C-Bear's dog for 17 years and a loving member of our family. For his passing to be turned into a philosophical debate about relgion is something I would nevere have wanted. Let's keep our perspective here. I believe that Rocky, as well as five other canine members of my family, are happily romping around a big field in heaven waiting for one of us, probably me, to join them. If you don't think dogs have a soul, fine, save the philosophical debate for another time, another thread. If you do believe, some time , some where, some when, stop by my bench, I'll have a Milk Bone for your friend and a cold beer for you. Who knows maybe God and his Great Dane will drop by and join us.

T_O_B

Hey, let's try to not derail this thread with religion like so many other threads have.

What do you mean by "derail"?

From the OP:

I got suspended from an Ethics class my Jr. year in college when the pious prof. said that dogs had no soul and didn't go to heaven. I told him that there are a lot of souless human's who don't deserve to be in heaven and that we should be happy that dogs let us in. I also told him he was full of s--t and that for all I cared he could go F himself. I walked out of class and he didn't like it. I got to go see the Dean. Lucky thing I won't see that jerek tomorrow because I'd re-introduce myself and let him know that I still to this day think he is a horses a$$.

Religion would be very much on topic.

I think the spirit of the thread is to focus on the passing of the dog and offering condolences and encouragement - not attacking each other or disagreeing over theological beliefs. We already have a thread about this exact topic.