Aaron Green

maybe i missed this, but where exactly is he going to transfer?

Hasn't been announced yet, but it's been reported that he's looking for somewhere close to San Antonio.

I've heard a lot of Big XII schools, but OU and TCU have been the ones that I've seen the most.

My money says he'll be a horny toad come Fall.

The first time I noticed that Aaron Green wasn't a team player was the Ohio State game. I remember when Green rolled right from the Diamond formation, Martinez decided to throw the ball down the middle to a wide open Enunwa and Green threw a hissy fit because he didn't get the ball.

Seriously you're going to throw a tantrum in front of 80K+ fans because you're teammate got the ball instead and scored?

In his defense he was WIDE open. Way easier throw for Martinez to make and we still get the score, but Martinez didn't see him.

I agree with you but Green shouldn't have acted the way he did.

I'm done talking about Green and I'm moving on but I'm still not wishing him the best of luck because I'm still butt hurt about this transfer :lol:

He through the hissy fit while the ball was in the air. He probably didn't see that Quincy was open as well. He just reacted like, dammit I was open and Taylor missed me. I'm sure if he knew Quincy was about just as open as he was he probably wouldn't have acted the way he did.

The first time I noticed that Aaron Green wasn't a team player was the Ohio State game. I remember when Green rolled right from the Diamond formation, Martinez decided to throw the ball down the middle to a wide open Enunwa and Green threw a hissy fit because he didn't get the ball.

Seriously you're going to throw a tantrum in front of 80K+ fans because you're teammate got the ball instead and scored?

In his defense he was WIDE open. Way easier throw for Martinez to make and we still get the score, but Martinez didn't see him.

I agree with you but Green shouldn't have acted the way he did.

I'm done talking about Green and I'm moving on but I'm still not wishing him the best of luck because I'm still butt hurt about this transfer :lol:

He through the hissy fit while the ball was in the air. He probably didn't see that Quincy was open as well. He just reacted like, dammit I was open and Taylor missed me. I'm sure if he knew Quincy was about just as open as he was he probably wouldn't have acted the way he did.

:yeah

Hi. I'm Julia Roberts Aaron Green...

I have one connection to the team. I won't say his name but he's a hard hitter from the inland empire (CA) but may not be the first guy that comes to mind. Either way, he said that Aaron almost left a few times and that playing time was the only reason he left. He's not homesick at all but just mad that he was a high school all american and he cannot beat out Ameer. He also is mad about Marrow being a factor in the carries and doesn't want to wait for Rex to graduate anymore. I have to say, I personally know some of his relatives in the LA area and they all said he has the ego of the family. Take it for what it's worth.

I was reading comments on WOWT with regards to Green leaving and one of the posters said basically the same thing.

Why do so many of our players transfer away from here. Off the top of my head I can think of Curt Dukes, Harrison Beck, Leon Jackson, Joe Daily, Quinten Castille, Cody Green, Josh Williams, Khiry Cooper and now Aaron Green.

Were the Huskers hurt by the leaving of any of the above players?

That's pretty hard to try to measure, but trying to remember who actually played decent...Beck was all over the place in North Carolina (or was it State?), Green has been ok at Tulsa, i remember hearing Jackson's name a little. Nobody else's name on your list really stands out as far as their success on teams after NU, but not really caring enough to look up stats. I'm sure someone would though.

Why do so many of our players transfer away from here. Off the top of my head I can think of Curt Dukes, Harrison Beck, Leon Jackson, Joe Daily, Quinten Castille, Cody Green, Josh Williams, Khiry Cooper and now Aaron Green.

Were the Huskers hurt by the leaving of any of the above players?

That's pretty hard to try to measure, but trying to remember who actually played decent...Beck was all over the place in North Carolina (or was it State?), Green has been ok at Tulsa, i remember hearing Jackson's name a little. Nobody else's name on your list really stands out as far as their success on teams after NU, but not really caring enough to look up stats. I'm sure someone would though.

Beck went to NC State and didn't do much. Dailey went to UNC and ended up being a possession WR as he was beaten out by a true freshmen his senior year in the WCO. So needless to say, Therefore neither Daily or Beck were not good QB's by any means. I really don't think any of those guys amounted to anything on the football field. Hopefully they finished school and found good career's elsewhere.

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

Who were they? I agree with not given the opportunity to play but who were the 'extremely talented Huskers that transferred'?

wish Green the best of luck...he is a good kid who didnt get much of a chance at nebraska because of burkhead and abdullah out-competing him. I have no doubt green will be successful where ever he chooses to go

I hate the "didn't get much of a chance" or "wasn't given an opportunity" rhetoric... He was a true freshman, and didn't the coaches encourage him to redshirt at the beginning of the year? He could have been competing for the #2 spot this year with Abdullah with 4 years to play, and with 3 years left to play he would have been competing for the #1 spot. Even without the redshirt, he would have been competing for the starting job with 2 years left to play.

Seems like he had a great chance at Nebraska, he just wasn't patient enough to see it through.

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers High schoolers with potential that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

Who were they? I agree with not given the opportunity to play but who were the 'extremely talented Huskers that transferred'?

I fixed it for you.

No matter how you try to spin it this hurts the team. Aaron Green was having a HUGE spring from what I've been told. If this team is gravitating toward a more power type of rushing attack, then I can't see how Ameer Abdullah works into things either. Green was very talented and will now join the list of extremely talented Huskers that have either transferred or never been given an opportunity. Good luck to the young man. He will stand out wherever he goes and it will prove to be a big loss for us. I knew we should not have moved Heard away from RB.........

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. "The list of extremely talented Huskers that transfered or wasn't given the opportunity".

J. Dailey? C. Dukes? C. Green? Haha.....I can't even think of one guy who hacks the "list". However, for those that have left just MAYBE they "weren't given the opportunity" because we had other players at their position that were better. Duh.

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. "The list of extremely talented Huskers that transfered or wasn't given the opportunity".

J. Dailey? C. Dukes? C. Green? Haha.....I can't even think of one guy who hacks the "list". However, for those that have left just MAYBE they "weren't given the opportunity" because we had other players at their position that were better. Duh.

Negative Nancys doing thier thing. Castille is having a decent time at Montana, heard he got voted team Captain this year, so good for him. Funny he transfered for the same reason, the offense didnt suit his running style and now we are recruiting big backs like him again...weird. Green should have stuck it out. His dad said it best, hes just not being patient enough, your a soph for F sake. Kids got alot of growing up to do. Im betting we hear from him when hes a senior after a big wake up call. You cant bounce everything to the outside and run by everyone like you did in HS kid, this is college where everyone is just as fast as you, you have to follow your blocks. He will get it, just hope its not too late for him.