S Taj Letman [Marshall Commit]

Nexus

• 2 months later...

From Husker Journal. Two way race between us and Georgia?

JULY 5, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS TAJ LETMAN, SAF, 6-3, 198, 4.4, GOODMAN (HOLMES CC), MISSISSIPPI

Taj has offers from South Alabama, Nebraska, Louisiana-Lafayette, Baylor, Georgia, Purdue, Kentucky and a few others

“The only unofficial I went to was South Alabama. It was cool an upcoming program. They said I’m the player they really wanted, come in and be a leader on defense. South Alabama was the first team to offer me. Just do what I’m doing now and I can play early there.” Letman said

Letman said he still hears from Nebraska and has knowledge of the Blackshirt tradition.

“Man We Love Yea”

“Coach Terry Joseph (NU) came down during spring ball. He was like ‘man we love yea.’” Letman said. “He came all the way from Nebraska. He (Coach Terry) was like the first school he stopped – he enjoyed it. He came all the way from Nebraska to see me, yea, so they want me.”

“Coach Terry was telling me about the defense they run. He was telling me that I can be a big time safety with my size.”

Letman gets lots of letters from Husker Coach Terry.

“We’re in summer break,” he says. “I get mail from him (Terry) at the school all the time I haven’t been to my school though. Next time I’ll see what he is talking about. It’s been two months.”

“Nah, staying away from home would be like going there - Just whatever works for me.” Letman said if Nebraska was too far away to play football

Wide Open

“I like them (schools) all,” he said laughing. “I want a big time program where I can finish my career someday. I’ve done a lot of research on Nebraska, on YouTube stuff like that, oh yea. Neb is the top half (favorites).

Likes Home State ‘Dawgs

“I’ve been growing up in Georgia I’m a fan team wise,” Letman says of the Bulldogs. “I’m opening up my recruitment through. Right now I’m just trying the right fit for me.”

He likes the Georgia coaching staff but, his physical maturity has him ready to go.

“The coaching staff (UGA) is not a big issue, I’m just a big guy who can come in and be a role player, be a factor on defense. Georgia is recruiting me as a free safety but when they go to 3-4 (defense) they want me to play high safety.” Letman said

“Georgia coaches said I’m athletic, I’m 198 right now and run a 4.43, 4.42. The way I’m in space I can cover man if I have too.” Letman said

Letman said he was surprised with the Purdue offer and they wanted him bad. Mississippi State was to offer him but hasn’t yet. He expects an offer from them later and believes Ole Miss will come through also. Letman said he would officially visit Nebraska and Georgia.

“I want to go where I like the environment because if you like the environment you play better. A program that is on the up rise, a program that is already established, come in and win a championship.”

“I want a coach that likes me. I like academics. I want a school that has academics that’s the main thing.”

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...

good and bad news for this kid. Apparently he hurt his finger and is out for the year. The good thing is he will now have 3 years to play at the school he chooses. He wants to official here and now that he isnt playing he just might have time to do so. Would be a great addition. Havey Jackson is going to be a stud but we need more safteys. I think HJ will take over for PJ by confrence play, i think he already played just as much or more then PJ last game....he is a better tackler and comes downhill hard in the run game.

• 3 months later...