SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

This kid looks like a man among boys on his film....

Yeah, I just re-watched his highlights and he is just such a natural runner. He stays behind his blocks so well and then is just gone. He has great size and moves well side-to-side. I'm really not sure what to say his weakness is, maybe top-end speed?

I'm by no means an expert at evaluating talent, but IMO, I need to see one or more of the following things out of a RB to be blown away by his film:

1) Read blocks well - check

2) Long runs for TDs - check

3) Elusive cutting ability - sometimes

4) Ability to break a lot of tackles - sometimes

5) Blazing top end speed - not really

From his tape, he is a good back, but it appears that he has exceptional blocking, and I really didn't see him plow through arm tackles the way that I would like. My $0.02

“I want to make my decision probably at the end of the December – right after the season. Right now I’m just really focusing on that. We want a state title.”

Looking forward to his visit, says we are recruiting him the hardest right now, followed by Florida State. Coming in Sat morning.

I'm by no means an expert at evaluating talent, but IMO, I need to see one or more of the following things out of a RB to be blown away by his film:

From his tape, he is a good back, but it appears that he has exceptional blocking, and I really didn't see him plow through arm tackles the way that I would like. My $0.02

I totally agree shark. It looks like he does everything well but he is not exceptional in any one skill set. I have only seen this one highlight film of him though. I would really like to see his senior film. I always think back to Abdullah and Heard when I see these soph and jr. highlights. With both of those guys I was really unimpressed when I saw those early highlights but I was blown away when I got to see how they improved by their Sr. season. I am hoping this is the case with Taylor and I am sure the coaches have seen him in person this year or at the least have some Sr. film. Like someone else said these coaches seem to have a knack at finding talent at the rb position.

I totally agree shark. It looks like he does everything well but he is not exceptional in any one skill set. I have only seen this one highlight film of him though. I would really like to see his senior film. I always think back to Abdullah and Heard when I see these soph and jr. highlights. With both of those guys I was really unimpressed when I saw those early highlights but I was blown away when I got to see how they improved by their Sr. season. I am hoping this is the case with Taylor and I am sure the coaches have seen him in person this year or at the least have some Sr. film. Like someone else said these coaches seem to have a knack at finding talent at the rb position.

I think he excels in reading his blocks and his vision.

Thought the same thing, as I was watching it. Maybe he just can see where the opening are going to be, ahead of time.

Earlier post on here said that early playing time as a freshman, may persuade him. Don't know what first year players he is talking about. Haven't seen this staff, really give any freshman much time, or very little, other than lining up to throw a block.

GBR!!!

Thought the same thing, as I was watching it. Maybe he just can see where the opening are going to be, ahead of time.

Earlier post on here said that early playing time as a freshman, may persuade him. Don't know what first year players he is talking about. Haven't seen this staff, really give any freshman much time, or very little, other than lining up to throw a block.

GBR!!!

Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, and Imani Cross all say hello. 365 yards rushing between freshman running backs last year and this year Cross has about 250.

Were you two basing this on another video other than the one at the top? That is from his Sophomore year TWO YEARS AGO.

Were you two basing this on another video other than the one at the top? That is from his Sophomore year TWO YEARS AGO.

Yes, that is the only highlight tape I have been able to find of him, as I don't have a subscription to any recruiting service. Yeah, I realized it was his soph. tape so I assumed that he has made strides but how much or little I have no idea. That's why i don't question the offers our coaches put out. They have proven themselves time and again. As far as which RB i am rooting for us to get I just kind of use my imagination, but I don't ever get too high or low on a guy until I can see a good Senior video of him. For the record, Taylor is the guy I like the best of all our offers. I think the Kemp, Williams, Newby are all good players too but there is something about Taylor I really like. I tend to prefer "do it all" backs as well.

GBR!!!

Rex Burkhead, Ameer Abdullah, and Imani Cross all say hello. 365 yards rushing between freshman running backs last year and this year Cross has about 250.

Cross doubly says hello