SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Any theory that suggests that the recruiting sites would downgrade Taylor because he committed to Nebraska are simply giving the recruiting sites too much credit. My theory is the recruiting sites are just now downgrading Taylor for his injury as a junior. I'm sure in March they'll review the video of TX state playoffs and bump him back up to 4 star.

I was off by a month and a half.

Glad to see he's four star.

I haven't heard or read anything lately about Adam Taylor and his choosing to play in RED

for the Husker Nation, so I'm assuming "The Grind" is correct when he stated Momma Taylor

has put a stop to talking with anyone except the UN coaching staff. That's a good thing

which will allow Adam to concentrate on his academics and getting ready to take it to the next

level. Only news around here lately is our Coach Joseph was named High School Coach of the Year.

We are much like a smaller version of the Husker Nation ... we get there early, get loud,

stand proud and stay to the end ... every game. THERE IS POWER IN RED.

http://www.katyisd.org/communications/News/092-13%20Coach%20OTY.aspx

In Katy we are currently in the "Dead Time Zone" which is the 8 months of no football.

Some of us find ourselves not knowing what to do with no games to play ... yuck.

I haven't heard or read anything lately about Adam Taylor and his choosing to play in RED

for the Husker Nation, so I'm assuming "The Grind" is correct when he stated Momma Taylor

has put a stop to talking with anyone except the UN coaching staff. That's a good thing

which will allow Adam to concentrate on his academics and getting ready to take it to the next

level. Only news around here lately is our Coach Joseph was named High School Coach of the Year.

We are much like a smaller version of the Husker Nation ... we get there early, get loud,

http://www.katyisd.o...oach%20OTY.aspx

In Katy we are currently in the "Dead Time Zone" which is the 8 months of no football.

Some of us find ourselves not knowing what to do with no games to play ... yuck.

Thanks for the update.... Can't wait to get Adam in Lincoln

http://www.katyisd.org/communications/News/092-13%20Coach%20OTY.aspx

Well in related news, our 3rd string RB from last year is considering a transfer after being asked to switch positions(allegedly). Maybe the writing was on the wall with Adam and Terrell coming to Lincoln. So Adam could be in serious competition for playing time as a true frosh! And not just mop up duty.

Redwhine ... if you are right about Adam getting quality play time, then there are some other players that are going to be asking to change positions. I'm referring to the opposing teams defensive backs. And that would be after Taylor runs over them a few times.

Adam is the kind of guy that is prepared to step up. I would bet he is spending more time in Katy's weight training facilities (getting ready to go to the next level) than Katy's younger players who are trying to break into the starting line up for next year. It's like Adam said in an interview following the State Championship game when the reporter asked a question that referred to all the injuries to Katy's O-line

being a problem. he responded by saying ... "Hey, in a big game players got to step up." And that's what

he and the rest of the team did.

This is the video I call "Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill" as his stats for the game were 30 carries/275yds/5TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP_zQYt9o2w

The thing is, if Katy's O-line would have been healthy would not have been able to put up those kind of

numbers. Katy would have put about 70 points on the board and Coach Joseph would have pulled the starters after the first possession of the 2nd half.

Since the season is over and no more games, I watch this video about once a week and it reminds me of what an incredible player he truely is. And a good student and person as well. When he suits up in Husker Red

he will surely bring smiles to your faces. Just help him get some good cold weather duds and teach him how to drive in the snow.

All is good here in Katy, haven't heard any speculation. And I just got a new Cable TV provider with all

the sports channels so I can pick up all the Husker games. I've said about all I know on this thread so I'm about done here. Enjoyed reading ya'lls posts here, so ... I'll see ya later. Not gone forever as I will peek in from time to time to make sure things go as planned.

• Fire 1

Redwhine ... if you are right about Adam getting quality play time, then there are some other players that are going to be asking to change positions. I'm referring to the opposing teams defensive backs. And that would be after Taylor runs over them a few times.

Adam is the kind of guy that is prepared to step up. I would bet he is spending more time in Katy's weight training facilities (getting ready to go to the next level) than Katy's younger players who are trying to break into the starting line up for next year. It's like Adam said in an interview following the State Championship game when the reporter asked a question that referred to all the injuries to Katy's O-line

being a problem. he responded by saying ... "Hey, in a big game players got to step up." And that's what

This is the video I call "Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill" as his stats for the game were 30 carries/275yds/5TDs.

The thing is, if Katy's O-line would have been healthy would not have been able to put up those kind of

numbers. Katy would have put about 70 points on the board and Coach Joseph would have pulled the starters after the first possession of the 2nd half.

Since the season is over and no more games, I watch this video about once a week and it reminds me of what an incredible player he truely is. And a good student and person as well. When he suits up in Husker Red

he will surely bring smiles to your faces. Just help him get some good cold weather duds and teach him how to drive in the snow.

All is good here in Katy, haven't heard any speculation. And I just got a new Cable TV provider with all

the sports channels so I can pick up all the Husker games. I've said about all I know on this thread so I'm about done here. Enjoyed reading ya'lls posts here, so ... I'll see ya later. Not gone forever as I will peek in from time to time to make sure things go as planned.

I would prefer that Newby redshirt and put on some weight. Taylor is already big enough to survive a Big10 beating.

Thanks for posting again candyman. That is the 3rd time I have watched that highlight video and it gets better each time. The TD runs at 7:45 and 11:10 are just things of beauty. To me there is nothing better than watching a running back who will not try to avoid contact but instead square up and lower his shoulder and deliver the boom, and then stay on his feet and then turn on the jets. And I haven't seen a Nebraska running back recruit who is better at that in my life. I am giddy about Adam Taylor joining the Huskers. I believe he is going to be a house hold name not just in Nebraska but nation wide. I imagine our RB coach Ron Brown is absolutely going to love Adam. Coach Brown coaches his players to be the toughest man on the field or "War Daddys" as he likes to say. I think Adam is going to make him proud.

Just a little parting FYI. As some of you may know, historically Katy has ben a farming community named after the Kansas-Texas Railroad which was abreviated to the KT railroad. Then us southern folks (and you know how some of us have a southern drawl that sometimes stretches out the sounding of some wording) decided to stretch out the name a little and named our town Katy after the railroad that came thru town to load the rice and move it to market.

So, over the years we have developed a saying due to our being blessed with having some great running backs

to run behind some great O-lines ... goes something like ... "better get off the tracks, there's a train a comin". Which is a good description of what happens when Adam is carrying the pigskin.

We would like to pass this saying on to the Husker Nation to use when Adam is in the line-up pounding your opponents defenses.

Union Pacific has agreed to bring this historic "Heritage Locomotive" here to Katy for a photo-op with the football team. So, for those of you who have never seen "The Katy" ... here is a short video clip.

http://www.rail-videos.net/video/view.php?id=3453

Should be a great photo-op and I'd bet half the town shows up to try to get in the picture. So now you can say ... Need to get off the tracks if you don't want to get run over ... there's a train coming. Hope I didn't bore ya'll with all this Katy history stuff. I'm just bored with no Katy football in sight ... trying to cope with it ... tuff, but will make it thru to August.

http://www.rail-videos.net/video/view.php?id=3453

• Fire 1

Did any of ya'll notice in the video (post 383) of Adam Taylor v Cedar Hill on that play where he took a hard shot to the head and his helmet came flying off ... after the helmet came off ... he was still moving the pile even after the refs blew the play dead ... then got up and walked ack to the huddle like it was nothing. He is one very determined young man we are so proud of.

Jeeze ... I just can't let the football stuff go. Not really, just killin time waiting for a dentist appt to fix a busted crown. And I didn't even get hit by anything except a good all-you-can-eat buffet.

Jake Blomstrom linebacker ... he's a good one and next year he will be great. Also, someone told me that this years State Championship Game defensive MVP Matt Dimon was not that solid in his committment to Oklahoma. It is not too late to make a run at him. And he and Adam are good friends. Dimon played both ways as a junior ... TE & DE. He is about 6'-4" & 250. Has a motor that won't quit and has a nasty habit of blowing up plays before they can develope. I'm going to see if I can find the link to the State Semi-final game where he tipped a pass, caught it and took it to the house and slapped the opposing QB down like a

mosquito on the way to the endzone.

I'll see if I can find it and post it in a few minutes.

Then there is Rodney Anderson ... a soph this year who came in as a freshman when Adam Taylor went down early in the first game of last season with the torn ACL. I can't even remember if Katy ever had a FR start at RB. He had not even been in High school a week when he was put in as the starting RB and the first 2 times he touched the ball he scored on both. Rodney is also a great receiver, punt and kick returner. Good hands, footwork, natural football instincts. His uncle currently plays in the NFL (can't remember which team) and they say his Dad looks like he could suit up for the 49'ers. A couple more years in the Katy program he will be a force to deal with. Some are predicting that when he is a senior Adam Taylors records are going to fall. And that my friend is saying a lot.

• Fire 4