SIGNED RB Adam Taylor

Nexus

Offensive linemen should be waiting in line to get a call from Husker coaches. I would think they would want to play in this offense with all the weapons available. Braden Smith and D J Foster I hope will see the advantage of playing close to home. The snowball is starting to pick up momentum. Lots of positives if we don't get caught up in the few negatives.

• Fire 3

i was really wondering about his stats from this year.... how he was recovering from the injury... a lot of kids have zero patience when it comes to a kid getting injured... okay thats it.. your damaged good and lets move on.. .i think the karma alone Nebraska gains with some of these kids is something you cant even measure...... look at AB and the article that came out.. .a lot of programs simply back off and fail to see the body of work and the young man in general... really happy he is doing so well!!! welcome once again AT

I'm new here on this board. Just wanted to let you know how lucky you are. Adam "touchdown" Taylor

suffered a sever ACL in the 1st half of the first game of his junior year. From what I know about him,

he has been relentless in his rehab efforts and last spring at the "Katy Annual Liftathon" benched

395lb in front of about 5,000 Katy fans. He has spent every available moment in our weight training

facility which is comparqable to many DIV I universities.

LSU would only give him a conditional scholarship offer ... they are the big loser here as they did not follow and do their due dillegence withthis kid.

As far as his stats ... he is 6'-2" & 215lb. This year he has gained over 2700 yds/scored 44 TD's

and just flat run over, around and thru countless defenders that were dumb enuf to stand between him and the endzone. He has absolutely shattered all Katy HS single season rushing and scoring records.

Now his stats have to be tempered by the fact that his rushing opportunities were limited by the coaches during the 1st half of the season to make sure his ACL was healing properly. Also in most games the starters only played the opening possession of the 2nd half as the coaching staff want to build depth for the play-offs (6 games to the championship) and for next year. His stats would have been off the charts if he had been able to play all 4 qtrs thru the season. The only games he played all 4 quarters were the State Semi-finals ... 40 carries & 230yds and the State Championship where he had 30 carries & 275yds and 5 TD's. Adam plays with a lot of heart and plays to the whistle every play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskerHistorian

This video is titled Adam Taylos v Cedar Hill. If any of you have any doubts relative to his speed , agility, vision or durablilty they should be put to rest after you watch this video. He believes in

the team aspect of the game and when interviewed gives credit to the "HAWGS" (O-line) and the downfield blocking of the receivers and other RB's.

This is one great kid and is unselfish to a fault. He will do great things for your program and all I ask of you is that you take good care of him and get together with him when he gets there and help him pick out some good cold weather gear as I know it gets a little chilly up there.

By the way he loves red.

I'll be lurking in here from time to time to follow Adam Taylors progress. So, when you have any info about him please post it here

Adam has deceptive speed, agility, likes to run down hill and punish people. He as some great spin moves

• Fire 6

I don't know if any of you Husker fans know anything about Katy, TX or the football traditions we have here. This short video will give you an idea about out culture. We are a small comminuty about 40 miles west of Houston and as you will see the skyline of Katy is dominated by the grain elevators along the railroad. If you watch closely you will see out trophy case which is formatible by any standard. And any time you want to talk football ... just go have breakfast at Snappys. He also post the latest newspaper articles in the windows of his restaurant. And yes he allows you to smoke if

you want.

Katy has made 12 trips to the State Championship game and won it 7 times. It is a tradition here

and our motto is "WHEN EXCELLENCE BECOMES A TRADITION, GREATNESS HAS NO LIMITS".

Every year Coach Joseph has a meeting with all the incoming freshmen parents. And every year he tells them the same thing. "If your son wants to be a super star this may not be the best place for him.

A super star sets records and wins awards ... here at Katy we win Championships"

I don't know if any of you Husker fans know anything about Katy, TX or the football traditions we have here. This short video will give you an idea about out culture. We are a small comminuty about 40 miles west of Houston and as you will see the skyline of Katy is dominated by the grain elevators along the railroad. If you watch closely you will see out trophy case which is formatible by any standard. And any time you want to talk football ... just go have breakfast at Snappys. He also post the latest newspaper articles in the windows of his restaurant. And yes he allows you to smoke if

you want.

Katy has made 12 trips to the State Championship game and won it 7 times. It is a tradition here

and our motto is "WHEN EXCELLENCE BECOMES A TRADITION, GREATNESS HAS NO LIMITS".

Every year Coach Joseph has a meeting with all the incoming freshmen parents. And every year he tells them the same thing. "If your son wants to be a super star this may not be the best place for him.

A super star sets records and wins awards ... here at Katy we win Championships"

Great philosophy.

Katy is a simple small town and only 3 things happen here:

- We grow rice

- Shoot birds (ducks and geese that fly into the rice fields.

- And play football.

I'm a long time Husker fan and just loved the power run game of the 80's. The big O-line

winning the battle in the trenches and a stable of running backs pounding the opponents into submission. If you like smash face football you are gonna love Adam Taylor

- We grow rice

- And play football.

I'm a long time Husker fan and just loved the power run game of the 80's. The big O-line

winning the battle in the trenches and a stable of running backs pounding the opponents into submission. If you like smash face football you are gonna love Adam Taylor

Thank you for posting. Get chills everytime I hear that Kenny Chesney song.

Question for you though, do you see anything swaying Adam's decision? Only school I am told that Nebraska may have to worry about is Texas. What do you think???????

Welcome to the board and don't be a stranger.

That sounds awesome. I am really anxious to see if he will contiue to grow at this level, as he is a freak as a senior in high school. He really could end up being one of our best ever, but we willl see hopefully he stays committed

Once Adam Taylor makes a committment he becomes very focused. This young man was totally focused on rehabing the torn ACL becuase he felt he owed it to his team mates. Then in the last 2 games of Katy's Championship Season he literally carried the team on his back because he had to. QB had a broken leg, the O-line was wiped out with 3 starters and 2 back-ups out. Opponents smelling blood

knowing we could only run mostly between the tackles and very few sweeps due to QB not being mobile.

Playing at the highest level of Taxas HS Football ... when it was for all the marbles ... 2 games ...

70 carries ... 500 yds rushing ... 8 maybe 9 TD's ... WOW. You just take care of him and treat him with respect and he will carry the Huskers too. Learn a little about the "Katy Nation" and talk to him about it ... it will make him feel more at home. Just google Katy Tiger Football and start reading, you will be glad you did. For some additional info about "all things Katy football" you can check out our message board @ www.ktrainstation.net

Question for you though, do you see anything swaying Adam's decision? Only school I am told that Nebraska may have to worry about is Texas. What do you think???????

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have some old friends live across the street from the Taylors and the lady is one of the counselors at Katy HS. I don't like to be nosey ... but , hey it's a small town.

I haven't heard anything about the UT offer. Some one usually posts that type of info on the Katy message board. As a matter of fact if you want to know for sure you could register and ask the question. There are a bunch of Katy Supporters would love to hear from you and what you think about "TD" Taylor. Let them know you are geniunly interested to know more about this incredible

player and you will be surprised how fast the people in the "know" will respond.

I've never heard any of the people in the "Know" even mention the possibility of UT being considered.

My opinion of the UT offer is that they are one of these "Johnny come lately's" and only started talking to him after it was very clear his ACL would not be an issue. LSU only gave him a weak conditional offer with a lot of back doors.

There are quite a few Husker Alums in this area and after a few calls from them decided this Taylor kid was worth a chance. Nebraska didn't pu&&y-foot around, they just came straight out and gave him

a straight-up, no back door deal. I think Adam had a lot of respect for that and made a committment.

http://www.ktrainstation.net/forum/

Here is the link to the Katy Message board. Get on the Katy Board ... there are a lot of good football people on there and are very pleased with Adam's choice because it is all about "red". They believe there is power in red.

Then there are the great memories of running out of the "I" formation and power smash face football. That is what Katy has been doing for the last 20 years or more. Drop-in and say hello ... good football people there. And I

wouldn't mention anything about UT football ... very few Longhorn lovers there except one poster named "eltigre".

We put up with him and pray for him to mend his ways ... daily.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have some old friends live across the street from the Taylors and the lady is one of the counselors at Katy HS. I don't like to be nosey ... but , hey it's a small town.

I haven't heard anything about the UT offer. Some one usually posts that type of info on the Katy message board. As a matter of fact if you want to know for sure you could register and ask the question. There are a bunch of Katy Supporters would love to hear from you and what you think about "TD" Taylor. Let them know you are geniunly interested to know more about this incredible

player and you will be surprised how fast the people in the "know" will respond.

I've never heard any of the people in the "Know" even mention the possibility of UT being considered.

My opinion of the UT offer is that they are one of these "Johnny come lately's" and only started talking to him after it was very clear his ACL would not be an issue. LSU only gave him a weak conditional offer with a lot of back doors.

There are quite a few Husker Alums in this area and after a few calls from them decided this Taylor kid was worth a chance. Nebraska didn't pu&&y-foot around, they just came straight out and gave him

a straight-up, no back door deal. I think Adam had a lot of respect for that and made a committment.

http://www.ktrainstation.net/forum/

Here is the link to the Katy Message board. Get on the Katy Board ... there are a lot of good football people on there and are very pleased with Adam's choice because it is all about "red". They believe there is power in red.

Then there are the great memories of running out of the "I" formation and power smash face football. That is what Katy has been doing for the last 20 years or more. Drop-in and say hello ... good football people there. And I

wouldn't mention anything about UT football ... very few Longhorn lovers there except one poster named "eltigre".

We put up with him and pray for him to mend his ways ... daily.

I am on and registered, just having an issue seeing where I can start a new topic!!!! haha

- We grow rice

- And play football.

I gotta admit, Katy sounds like a pretty awesome place to live.