SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Again, I am from South Dakota and follow track very closely. The above post about Nate Gerry holding the all time state record in the 100 meters is not correct. And not sure where you got that time from. He has a time in the top 10, but not the fastest ever. But he does have a year left, so maybe he will run a 10.39 next year (or faster). The fastest he has ever run in the 100 in 10.5. However, and don't ask me why this is done...I think it's stupid. Times in some races and the 100 being one of them are rounded up. So if he ran a 10.41 for instance, they would round it up to 10.5. So his 10.5 that he did run is likely somewhere in the 10.4? something.

But definitely not 10.39...because that would be the all time state record in South Dakota and he doesn't own that record.

Here is where i got my info, from a SD newspaper i believe, so not sure whats up either way hes fast, and i know the nebraska record is 10.5 because i looked it up.

He has since increased his size and speed (10.39 in the 100 meters and 21.31 in the 200) to become a three-star recruit, and he envisions rising further as part of the Husker football tradition

http://www.arguslead...011/1002/SPORTS

We in these parts call that paper the Argus Liar!

I saw that too. Never happened. Nate did get 2nd in the 100 meters at the state meet, but the weather was bad...rainy. Track was wet. Not exactly the best conditions to be ripping off great times.

As I said, Nate's fastest 100 time was 10.5, which means he ran somewhere between 10.41 and 10.5. Not the state record. Top ten, but maybe he will get the state record next year.

• 3 weeks later...

From Sioux Falls talk to his mom some wish him the best...honestly there isn't much talent in this state for football...no clue on how he will do at the D1 level but its worth a shot...

I also live in this state! And I disagree about the talent here! IT'S OVERLOOKED! The kids from this state, if given a chance will work

Their a$$ off to prove their worth!!! And I'll take 1 hard worker with something to prove over 5 five stars who feel they are entitled to everything they want and half ass it cause of their perceived ratings!

Then you have to say the exact same about every player. I'll hold you to this and when you get excited about any other player remind you of this comment.

Which I do.

The difference is that a kid from Texas, California, Ohio, Florida, etc faces equal to or better than competition.

• 1 month later...

From Sioux Falls talk to his mom some wish him the best...honestly there isn't much talent in this state for football...no clue on how he will do at the D1 level but its worth a shot...

I also live in this state! And I disagree about the talent here! IT'S OVERLOOKED! The kids from this state, if given a chance will work

Their a$$ off to prove their worth!!! And I'll take 1 hard worker with something to prove over 5 five stars who feel they are entitled to everything they want and half ass it cause of their perceived ratings!

I grew up just a few miles from SD and it is pretty hit and miss. It will be nice to have someone that will work his tail off to 'prove' himself. But you have to be honest, the competition CANNOT be compared with that of states like Texas, Cali, Florida, etc. I remember growing up and seeing some of the kids who made All State...it was baffling to me because I played some of those schools in high school and some of them would not even be All-Conference or All-Area in MN. The same things can probably be said about any state you compare....

What I do find interesting is that people will trash the competition level of SD, but fail to recognize the state of Nebraska cannot be too much different.

Everyone is protective of their state and the competition level...as long as this kid comes in and works hard and can make positive contributions I don't care where he is is from!

• 3 weeks later...

Was interviewed on big red wrap up last night. Sounds like a great kid, hard worker. Is only his 2nd year of playing safety;actually thought he wanted to play WR in college until he decided he likes to "hit more than be hit." Said he wants to work on his quickness;running track should help with that. Also talked about the lack of respect kids get recruiting wise in South Dakota. Says kids up there refuse to be out-worked. Kid has a great frame to bulk up and be a fast, hard-hitting safety...