SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

What an outstanding prospect! Holy smoke, I'm sooooo glad be beat USC, Alabama, and Oklahoma for this kid's committment.

Agreed. Guess I am still pissed about Cox. Top 40 player and it seems the board didn't see that as a major fail. To me, seems like we are drooling over this guy. He is a "get", another prospect yes.

Recruiting can be a frustrating ordeal for fans. The wheels turn slowly and we want what we want now. Not every kid we contact has a burning desire to be a Husker. I'm sure Wally Cox wanted his grandson to wear Husker red on Saturdays but a grandparent probably has limited influence over their grandson. I'm going to trust the coaches on this one, that Chans was cool to us and who knows what goes through the head of an 18 year old. That said, I'm going to be excited about Nathan committing yesterday and look forward to great things from him.

• Fire 1

4.42 speed in the 40. Fast for a safety....blistering for a LB. Whatever position he ends up at I think we have a winner. Left to right....Dan Samuelson, not sure on "17", Greg Hart, A J Natter, Nathan Gerry, Josh Banderas.

Avj-jYrCEAAAJMf.jpg

Hmmmm.....I might be wrong, but I think "17" is Banderas (not "44"). If "44" was Banderas he is freaking HUGE for an LB.