SIGNED ATH Nathan Gerry

Nexus

Recruiting can be a frustrating ordeal for fans. The wheels turn slowly and we want what we want now. Not every kid we contact has a burning desire to be a Husker. I'm sure Wally Cox wanted his grandson to wear Husker red on Saturdays but a grandparent probably has limited influence over their grandson. I'm going to trust the coaches on this one, that Chans was cool to us and who knows what goes through the head of an 18 year old. That said, I'm going to be excited about Nathan committing yesterday and look forward to great things from him.

I agree with these thoughts Tony.

What an outstanding prospect! Holy smoke, I'm sooooo glad be beat USC, Alabama, and Oklahoma for this kid's committment.

Agreed. Guess I am still pissed about Cox. Top 40 player and it seems the board didn't see that as a major fail. To me, seems like we are drooling over this guy. He is a "get", another prospect yes.

These are some of those full retard posts Paulie.

• Fire 1
What an outstanding prospect! Holy smoke, I'm sooooo glad be beat USC, Alabama, and Oklahoma for this kid's committment.

Agreed. Guess I am still pissed about Cox. Top 40 player and it seems the board didn't see that as a major fail. To me, seems like we are drooling over this guy. He is a "get", another prospect yes.

No full retard is blind "wow" at every single recruit. Some of us happen think that Gerry is a marginal prospect at best. If you don't like that opinion then too bad.

EZ, you surprised me with the insult. I expected more from you. I laid out what I thought about the Cox fail and thought I made the point in comparison to the Gerry commit. I feel I'm fairly balanced on both players in my viewpoint. To me, your insult are cheap and lazy words. Reminds me of the black person that uses the race card on me for believing that one should work hard to get a better job, rather then use the color of his skin. It's all about character and hard work.

Again, I agree with the pick-up ... just seems to me like over-excitement for this pickup and not a view of the board as a "fail" on the Cox miss ... with all we had going. I don't know ... but my guess is Gerry is a Top 300-400 player. So I take it that I'm a "retard" for the balanced view?

hes going to grow into a olb

Speculation or inside knowledge?

the fact that he is 6'2'' and over 200 lbs as a high school junior......

Sean Fisher, in high school, was 6'4" and 230. Most thought he'd end up at DE and that never happened.

I can see Gerry playing LB at this level. But if he stays at S, either FS or SS, he's going to get burned more than toast in Helen Keller's kitchen.

Sean Fisher, in high school, was 6'4" and 230. Most thought he'd end up at DE and that never happened.

I can see Gerry playing LB at this level. But if he stays at S, either FS or SS, he's going to get burned more than toast in Helen Keller's kitchen.

Why is he going to get burned? Does he have bad technique? Is he uncoachable and not going to progress as a college player? Is his work ethic lacking? I hope you're not simply saying this because he's tall.

Why is he going to get burned? Does he have bad technique? Is he uncoachable and not going to progress as a college player? Is his work ethic lacking? I hope you're not simply saying this because he's tall.

I'm saying that because on film his hips look incredibly stiff, he doesn't really have the speed to stay with the better WRs, and to top it off he looks like he struggles with the transition from back-peddle to turn and run. I see an average prospect here.

I'm saying that because on film his hips look incredibly stiff, he doesn't really have the speed to stay with the better WRs, and to top it off he looks like he struggles with the transition from back-peddle to turn and run. I see an average prospect here.

While those qualities would be a red flag for a CB, not as critical for a safety. How often do our safeties, either FS or SS, get singled up on the better WR's? And how good does his transition from back-peddle to turn and run need to be as a safety? Not to mention that's something he can work on.

We're talking about a recruit who's starting out at safety and might end up as a LB. His film looks plenty good to me. A few other D-1 schools think so too. I just don't understand your stance here.

EZ, you surprised me with the insult. I expected more from you. I laid out what I thought about the Cox fail and thought I made the point in comparison to the Gerry commit. I feel I'm fairly balanced on both players in my viewpoint. To me, your insult are cheap and lazy words. Reminds me of the black person that uses the race card on me for believing that one should work hard to get a better job, rather then use the color of his skin. It's all about character and hard work.

Again, I agree with the pick-up ... just seems to me like over-excitement for this pickup and not a view of the board as a "fail" on the Cox miss ... with all we had going. I don't know ... but my guess is Gerry is a Top 300-400 player. So I take it that I'm a "retard" for the balanced view?

Here is my balanced view:

If you recall, I stated in the Cox thread before he was ranked that I wasn't all that impressed with his film. He didn't appear to be a huge priority for the staff, therefore I didn't see it as that big of a "fail." To me, the excitement of the commitment is more in part due to the shear magnitude of the weekend and not on just one individual committing.

Furthermore, I hate the fact that we judge every prospect based on who offered him. I'm not going to lie, I look to offer lists as well, but when you peal back the layers of every programs recruiting class, they have prospects that not every school in the nation offered as well. Take a peak at Michigan's for example. They didn't really stand toe to toe with every school for every kid they have. Nor has LSU. Taking it even a step further, Courtney Love and Laucoure(spelling) three star prospects have offer lists that rival basically every prospect in the nation. So my point being, why doesn't an offer from the best defensive mind in CFB to play linebacker rival one from another program who isn't near as on it defensively as Bo?

Nathan Gerry has the ideal build to either be a giant of a safety, or an awesome linebacker for us. I am glad to have him. I'm sure every other school in the BIG would has well.

I do apologize for the wording of the initial post though.

I am of the opinion that the staff gets it right ONCE or maybe even twice.

While those qualities would be a red flag for a CB, not as critical for a safety. How often do our safeties, either FS or SS, get singled up on the better WR's? And how good does his transition from back-peddle to turn and run need to be as a safety? Not to mention that's something he can work on.

We're talking about a recruit who's starting out at safety and might end up as a LB. His film looks plenty good to me. A few other D-1 schools think so too. I just don't understand your stance here.

Absolutely spot on RedDenver. Couldn't have said it better.