I'm also holding out for the iPhone 5. I've heard good things about the new Samsung Galaxy, but I really don't want a phone the size of a tablet, so no thanks.

Just got the Galaxy two days ago. Admittedly, I'm behind the learning curve but so far it hasn't greatly surpassed my blackberry.

And the 4G isn't much good if the tower strength isn't available to utilize it.

Since Verizon moved to data caps 4G is sorta a conflicted feature. You can pull speeds much faster than the usual 0.5-1.5 mbit on 3G, but if you use it a lot for steaming high res video you'll be through the standard 2GB cap in no time. For instance, a 7 minute 1080p video on youtube can be almost 300MB. That's about 7 videos before you hit your cap, nevermind any web browsing. This is really something you should consider before signing up for a 2 year contract with Verizon and a $350 ETF.

At any rate the HTC Rezound is probably the best Android phone currently carries. I wouldn't even consider a Motorola phone unless you like the idea of being hung out to dry with no Android updates after a year...saying this as someone who has had the original Moto Droid and an X2.

When comparing Apple to Android phones...

iPhone is the average phone user's dream. It's user-friendly, doesn't crash, has a lot of great apps and will do everything you need it to do quite well.

Android, conversely, isn't the most user-friendly, is known to crash, has even more great apps and does everything you need it to do quite well.

Now, for the gritty parts. I have an Incredible 2, and I will never buy an iPhone. For starters, what you're paying for is extremely overpriced. The CPU that powers the iPhone has been inside Androids for years and has even been surpassed by some phones, yet Apple prices like it's new and talks about it like it's some great thing, which it isn't. Siri, although useful, isn't even a great voice-recognition program, as evidenced by this class-action lawsuit http://articles.lati...awsuit-20120328

The iPhone, like all Apple products, are not worth the money you spend for them - at all. The iPhone is also nowhere near as cuztomizable as the Android can be, and there are significantly more ways to tweak and work with an Android phone. The Android, more-or-less, is the tech-savvy person's dreams.

It's like comparing Mac to PC users, in a way. The PC, in terms of pricing and performance, destroys what Macs can do. However, Macs are very reliable and extremely user-friendly. And, although they can still get viruses no matter what a Mac user tells you, they're far less prone to them.

In the end, it comes down to your personality. Are you tech-savvy? Do you want to be able to do crazy things with your phone? Do you want to get more bang for your buck? Get an Android.

Do you like user-friendly, simplistic technology, despite the overpriced value? Get an iPhone.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

If you live in Lincoln 4G is useless. They have one 4G tower and it is south of town. I have an incredible 2 as well, and Im pretty satisfied with it. Enhance's post was a pretty good summary. If android phones would put the resolution of an iphone in their phones there would be no way I would even consider an iphone. Another nice thing about the iphone is the sh#t ton of cases and accessories that are available, if you're into that kind of thing. But unless 3G becomes obsolete, my next phone will be 3G as well because that is fast enough for me.

If you live in Lincoln 4G is useless. They have one 4G tower and it is south of town. I have an incredible 2 as well, and Im pretty satisfied with it. Enhance's post was a pretty good summary. If android phones would put the resolution of an iphone in their phones there would be no way I would even consider an iphone. Another nice thing about the iphone is the sh#t ton of cases and accessories that are available, if you're into that kind of thing. But unless 3G becomes obsolete, my next phone will be 3G as well because that is fast enough for me.

I have sprint and they don't even have 4G out yet i don't believe, only verizon. And maybe you have had a better experience, but my 3G is slow as hell on my iphone if i'm not connected to wifi. My android (evo 3D) was a LOT faster with the 3G than my iphone is, so im not sure why that is?

Just as a FYI on the subject, anyone with a 3G Verizon smartphone that was grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan...well, the plan will cease to exist for you when you try to re-up your contract.

This is one of the many reasons people opposed the AT&T/T-Mobile merger--now we have T-Mobile and Sprint as options for unlimited data, though the former does throttle.

And I thought Sprint had 4G in Lincoln--or is that Omaha?

I have sprint and they don't even have 4G out yet i don't believe, only verizon. And maybe you have had a better experience, but my 3G is slow as hell on my iphone if i'm not connected to wifi. My android (evo 3D) was a LOT faster with the 3G than my iphone is, so im not sure why that is?

Idk about iphones, but the 3G on my incredible2 is pretty good. My gf has an iphone and she seems to think it is fast enough. You might want to make sure you are closing all of your apps. Many people dont do that.

Just as a FYI on the subject, anyone with a 3G Verizon smartphone that was grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan...well, the plan will cease to exist for you when you try to re-up your contract.

This is one of the many reasons people opposed the AT&T/T-Mobile merger--now we have T-Mobile and Sprint as options for unlimited data, though the former does throttle.

And I thought Sprint had 4G in Lincoln--or is that Omaha?

I just read this too. Really pisses me off. Just another way for them to get overage fees out of customers. Tis business I guess.