I LOVED my Droid X. I would have bought another Droid when my contract was up, but after about 6 months of having it, it started freezing, locking up, re-starting, slow as molasses, etc.

I got tired of it. I guess I could have rooted it to make it better as my co-worker suggested, but I don't think I need to hack something in order to make it work properly.

After my contract ran up, I switched to the iPhone4S. The main reason why I switched? Crash-ability. My iPhone does NOT crash like my Droid did. Yes, it is a little un-fair to compare my iPhones first few months with the months in which my Droid started messing up, but even when it was new it was still "iffy" from time to time.

I miss a few things from my Droid: Swipe, Customization, Swipe, Customization, lock screen, Handcent SMS [text messaging service] and incoming or outgoing calls pictures. But mostly Handscent SMS, Swipe and Customization.

The iPhone does not crash, my Droid did. I have co-workers and friends who said the same thing. After a while, their Droids all crashed but all iPhones are still going stronger than ever. That was the biggest difference. The iPhone also is faster at opening apps and what not.

Market: I found the Android market to have more of a variety and offered more free apps than the iPhone. Android wins there.

However, it ultimately came down to crash-ability.

If I had a Droid that performed just like the iPhone, I would go with the Droid every day of the week.

Speaking from experience I will never EVER go back to an Android phone because #1 reason is all Android phones will crash on you like everyone else has said. Android phones are always putting out new phones within a 2-3 month span compared to 1-1 1/2 years with the iPhone.

My twin brother just got his iPhone 4s after going through four Droid X2's. He ended up calling Verizon's Corporate number and they were going to give him a choice between 4 phones which were the Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Charge, LG Alley, or get a new Droid X2. He told the guy that he wanted to go with the iPhone because the four phone choices the rep was giving him was a joke and the rep said "No because everybody wants the iPhone" no joke. After going round and round with the rep, the rep eventually gave in and got my brother a black 16GB iPhone 4s. My brother didn't know it was an iPhone 4s until he got the phone. After a week of having the phone my brother is very satisfied in the iPhone.

I've had my iPhone for over a year with no problems, no crashes, no resets, etc. There is way more accessories with the iPhone compared to Android which is a plus in my opinion. If you purchase an Apple TV you can play your iTunes music from your iPhone through your TV speakers/surround sound using your Apple TV with airplay. You can also play videos that you've recorded with your iPhone onto your Apple TV which is really neat and the picture quality is amazing. My in-laws were in town and I recorded a video of my son yawning and smiling, so

I will always buy an iPhone because it works and has done everything I needed it to do.

Also when you go in looking for a phone make a list that is important to you. Here is the list of things that were important to me when I was looking at a smartphone.

1. Speaker volume needed to be loud since I'm deaf in my left ear

2. Operating System (OS) is smoothing and responsive

3. Camera quality

4. Reliability

5. Plenty of storage

6. Screen resolution

Speaking from experience I will never EVER go back to an Android phone because #1 reason is all Android phones will crash on you like everyone else has said. Android phones are always putting out new phones within a 2-3 month span compared to 1-1 1/2 years with the iPhone.

I think this is a positive for Android. Why would anyone want to spend the god-awful prices they ask for the iPhone 4s, when better technology exists and is constantly being implemented into Android phones? The 4s's OS is outdated, yet they charge the same price for it that Android phones are charging for newer OS's. It may runner smoother than an Android phone, and isn't as prone to crashes, but I want more bang for my buck.

There are accessories galore for the iPhone, but this is Apple's problem in general - glitz up the product and charge way more than what it's actually worth.

iPhone can't even begin to compare with the apps and customization available on Android, either.

I'm preaching to the choir a little bit - I get into similar fits of rage with Macs and PCs. I love Macs because of my career field - they're smooth and user-friendly. But when I come home at night, I want something that's more customizable and powerful, and cost me way less than what Mac wants. I think it's a similar mindset with these phones. I don't fault people for wanting the 4s because of it's awesome user-friendliness. But from a monetary viewpoint - it's a total rip off.

I think this is a positive for Android. Why would anyone want to spend the god-awful prices they ask for the iPhone 4s, when better technology exists and is constantly being implemented into Android phones? The 4s's OS is outdated, yet they charge the same price for it that Android phones are charging for newer OS's. It may runner smoother than an Android phone, and isn't as prone to crashes, but I want more bang for my buck.

I disagree. I just don't get paying $200-$300 for a new Android and 2-3 months down the road a new and faster Android phone comes out and then another 2-3 months goes by and there's another phone that's better than the previous phone that's better than your phone.

Where I see it Apple takes their time in making their phones and it shows in their product and its one of several reasons why people are switching from Android to iPhone and why millions of people wait in line to get a iPhone on re. Sure the iPhone make lack in some features, cost more and may not be as fast as some Android phones but it works and is reliable for years. I don't miss the customization at all because at the end of the day I rather have a phone that will work when I need it too than popping out the battery 3x a day in order for it to work.

I think if Android would slow it down a bit and focus on improving the reliability and functionality of their phones, I think they could give Apple a run for their money and I may be tempted to go back to the dark side lol.

I disagree. I just don't get paying $200-$300 for a new Android and 2-3 months down the road a new and faster Android phone comes out and then another 2-3 months goes by and there's another phone that's better than the previous phone that's better than your phone.

Where I see it Apple takes their time in making their phones and it shows in their product and its one of several reasons why people are switching from Android to iPhone and why millions of people wait in line to get a iPhone on re. Sure the iPhone make lack in some features, cost more and may not be as fast as some Android phones but it works and is reliable for years. I don't miss the customization at all because at the end of the day I rather have a phone that will work when I need it too than popping out the battery 3x a day in order for it to work.

I think if Android would slow it down a bit and focus on improving the reliability and functionality of their phones, I think they could give Apple a run for their money and I may be tempted to go back to the dark side lol.

Well, I just don't get paying full price for something that isn't worth what your paying for. You're being swindled left and right for owning an iPhone, with inferior technology, all the name of user friendliness. That, ultimately, is my largest problem with. You are being rip offed by owning an iPhone. I'd rather get what I pay for and have a few hiccups, then not get what I pay for and have it work smoothly.

Well, I just don't get paying full price for something that isn't worth what your paying for. You're being swindled left and right for owning an iPhone, with inferior technology, all the name of user friendliness. That, ultimately, is my largest problem with. You are being rip offed by owning an iPhone. I'd rather get what I pay for and have a few hiccups, then not get what I pay for and have it work smoothly.

What part of the iPhone technology is so inferior?

I guess I rather pay for something that I'm actually meets my needs and never crashes than pay for something that crashes, reboots, or freezes on a daily basis.

Everything that I need to work on my iPhone works: 3G, WiFi, OS, GPS, apps, YouTube, BTN2go, etc

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I rather pay for something that I'm actually meets my needs and never crashes than pay for something that crashes, reboots, or freezes on a daily basis.

Everything that I need to work on my iPhone works: 3G, WiFi, OS, GPS, apps, YouTube, BTN2go, etc

Outside of the screen resolution, most everything else on an iPhone is inferior. Most egregiously the processing unit. It's almost half a decade old. Sure, it runs smoothly, but they're charging you up the butt to have it.

Compare the iPhone 4s to the new EVO 4G LTE - the 16 gb models. The EVO has a 1.5 GHZ dual core - iPhone a much less desirable dual core a5 chip. The EVO has 1 GB of ram and the ability to have a 32 GB sd card. The iPhone has 512 mb of ram and no outside external memory capabilities. Also, as stated above, far more applications and customization abilities are available on Android phones in comparison to Apple phones. The cost of these phones? Exactly the same after rebate and two year plan.

I've also had the opportunity to speak to a few LTE owners and they've had nothing but good things to say about it. Granted, the LTE is a newer product than the iPhone 4s, but the old EVO still had a better processing unit and more ram. Several Android phones have equal or better capabilities than the iPhone, even phones that came out before the 4s.

Outside of the screen resolution, most everything else on an iPhone is inferior. Most egregiously the processing unit. It's almost half a decade old. Sure, it runs smoothly, but they're charging you up the butt to have it.

Compare the iPhone 4s to the new EVO 4G LTE - the 16 gb models. The EVO has a 1.5 GHZ dual core - iPhone a much less desirable dual core a5 chip. The EVO has 1 GB of ram and the ability to have a 32 GB sd card. The iPhone has 512 mb of ram and no outside external memory capabilities. Also, as stated above, far more applications and customization abilities are available on Android phones in comparison to Apple phones. The cost of these phones? Exactly the same after rebate and two year plan.

I've also had the opportunity to speak to a few LTE owners and they've had nothing but good things to say about it. Granted, the LTE is a newer product than the iPhone 4s, but the old EVO still had a better processing unit and more ram. Several Android phones have equal or better capabilities than the iPhone, even phones that came out before the 4s.

Meh to each his own I guess.

Can't wait for the iPhone 5

If it runs as smoothly and/or quickly . . . why should I care? I never really care too much about the number on a unit or what someone tells me is better. Does it work? Does it work well? What's the battery life like? What's the user interface like? Does it freeze up? Those are the things that I care about . . . far more than whether my processor has two cores or four cores or whatever.

Does it work?

If that's an Android phone . . . awesome.

If that's an iPhone . . . awesome.

Arguing over specifications that may or may not noticeably affect performance seems silly.

Arguing over specifications that may or may not noticeably affect performance seems silly.

So does arguing about what a football team needs to do to get better, no?

Point is, OP asked for advice, and I'm giving it. Android phones are more cost effective to what you're getting - the iPhone is just a dumbed down version that may or may not run smoother but costs the same. Seems like practical advice to me.

Point is, OP asked for advice, and I'm giving it. Android phones are more cost effective to what you're getting - the iPhone is just a dumbed down version that may or may not run smoother but costs the same. Seems like practical advice to me.

No arguments about the football part.

I guess I still don't understand . . . you're getting more what? If it doesn't run faster or better or last longer why would anyone care? You can tell people that your phone processor has more cores . . . but why should anyone care if it doesn't work better?

I'm not trying to attack you or your preferred phone operating system. (I don't really care what you use for a cell phone . . . as I imagine that you don't care what I use.) Why should the OP care how many cores his phone has? Why is that more cost effective?

No arguments about the football part.

I guess I still don't understand . . . you're getting more what? If it doesn't run faster or better or last longer why would anyone care? You can tell people that your phone processor has more cores . . . but why should anyone care if it doesn't work better?

I'm not trying to attack you or your preferred phone operating system. (I don't really care what you use for a cell phone . . . as I imagine that you don't care what I use.) Why should the OP care how many cores his phone has? Why is that more cost effective?

I assumed by describing how some Android phones, specifically the LTE in this case, are more powerful because of their hardware that everyone would correlate it to actually working better than the iPhone. I guess I'll be more clear.

I've worked with a lot of Androids and iPhones because I buy and sell them with a partner of mine as part of a side business. The more advanced technology in phones like the LTE do work better, more efficiently and more powerfully than what the iPhone can. The gig of ram and significantly more powerful processor do cause a notable difference. This is why the iPhone isn't cost-effective. You're getting less advanced hardware that isn't as powerful for the exact same price. It's like laptop purchasing. I can spend 3,000 dollars on a Mac, and 3,000 on a PC, and get significantly more for my money with the PC.

As I've said earlier, it comes down to your usage of the phone. You can do some very cool things with the iPhone (i.e. I know several short films and even some features were shot entirely with an iPhone and edited on there). But for what you pay, it just isn't worth it.