RB Jojo Kemp

I wonder if the coaches don't approach a player previously committed to another school a little differently - especially with 4 months left in the recruiting process. Maybe it isn't about making him wait for another recruit to decide, but encouraging him to be absolutely certain to do their best to avoid him having second (third) thoughts. In any event, he certainly seems like a solid prospect. I think that any prospective RB who commits and is willing to come in and compete with our good stable of backs is exactly what we need.

things have moved soo fast.... i have been really impressed with the class soo far but im still waiting for that final push where we get a slew of committs.... with things moving so fast hate to see us get burned and then have to turn to some head scratcher recruits.....

things have moved soo fast.... i have been really impressed with the class soo far but im still waiting for that final push where we get a slew of committs.... with things moving so fast hate to see us get burned and then have to turn to some head scratcher recruits.....

No doubt the entire process is changing. It is a real challenge .. especially considering the Huskers location. On the other hand, Imani Cross first appeared as a prospect on HB on 12/25/11. In the intervening time period, I think we've all come to agree that he was a pretty decent late addition! I'm hopeful these next few weeks are productive, and then we find a player or two of Imani's caliber towards the end of the cycle.

• 2 weeks later...

he has opened his recruitment back up. says geogia has been to a few of his games and he thinks they may offer soon. he is taking a visit to west virgina and most likely usf in late december or january. Looks like we may be his leader at this point. I honestly think he would be N if we werent recruiting other Rb's so hard.IMO he should not be a backup plan. he is very underrated.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Article/USF-commit-JoJo-Kemp-talks-about-the-state-of-his-recruitment-96099

he has opened his recruitment back up. says geogia has been to a few of his games and he thinks they may offer soon. he is taking a visit to west virgina and most likely usf in late december or january. Looks like we may be his leader at this point. I honestly think he would be N if we werent recruiting other Rb's so hard.IMO he should not be a backup plan. he is very underrated.

http://nebraska.247s...cruitment-96099

Strongly agree...he is a top player in my opinion.

he wanted to commit... we slow play him in favor of someone else... then our first guy burns out and Jojo has already moved on..... i think ive heard this story before..... but then again i guess every team's recruiting book contains atleast a few chapter about this kind of stuff....... but for some reason our margin of error is much smaller

we need to take his commit, plain and simple. I would love to have newby clement or taylor as well but when you have a sure fire commit in somebody like kemp you need to take it so we can move on and recruit other positions of need. I would be ok just having kemp in this class. JoJo Kemp does play on tv thursday on epsn2 if you want to watch him play 8 ET. he is playing against demarcus walkers team. the 5 star D-End commit for Alabama

at nebraska we dont "slow play" anyone. who are you kidding? we have to pull out all the stops. we arent texas, bama, usc, etc.

this kid is much better than newby and its not even close.

I am a huge Jojo supporter. However, I wouldn't go saying that this kid is head-over-heals better than Newby. Newby is one extremely talented kid. I would be thrilled to land either (or both!)