QB Damion Hobbs

I am sure alot of it had to do wih actually playing. Malzahn adds something that some of the others didnt. But frankly if the kid felt like he was the first option at Mizzou or NE this would have ended differently. But as it is, he most likely would have been a career bench guy at Mizzou. We offer and ussually take guys like him every few years to add to depth. You guys said that he was not the first option for NE. And that you might have even cooled on accepting a verbal. If thats the case with you guys, and knowing who we already have on roster and have for this class, then I have no doubt that its about playing for Malzahn, or just being a guy somewhere else.

• Fire 1

The Reason he didn't go to NU or Mizzou is because neither pushed for him. Both extended offers as.... well you can be our Depth at QB or you can come in as an athlete. He wanted playing time/starting time/star time at QB and we couldn't even offer him a shot at it because we had far greater options on the board. So he went with Arkansas State because it was his fallback plan. He had conditional offers from NU and MIZZOU... he had a we really really really want you offer from Arkansas State.

The Reason he didn't go to NU or Mizzou is because neither pushed for him. Both extended offers as.... well you can be our Depth at QB or you can come in as an athlete. He wanted playing time/starting time/star time at QB and we couldn't even offer him a shot at it because we had far greater options on the board. So he went with Arkansas State because it was his fallback plan. He had conditional offers from NU and MIZZOU... he had a we really really really want you offer from Arkansas State.

i get a lot of we really really really really want you to offers from fat chicks... doesnt mean i take them.... im sure if had chosen some of those other schools they would have wanted him very badly also and he would have gotten a lot more exposure than at Arkstate....

I am sure alot of it had to do wih actually playing. Malzahn adds something that some of the others didnt. But frankly if the kid felt like he was the first option at Mizzou or NE this would have ended differently. But as it is, he most likely would have been a career bench guy at Mizzou. We offer and ussually take guys like him every few years to add to depth. You guys said that he was not the first option for NE. And that you might have even cooled on accepting a verbal. If thats the case with you guys, and knowing who we already have on roster and have for this class, then I have no doubt that its about playing for Malzahn, or just being a guy somewhere else.

Cough cough** TYLER GABBERT** Cough cough :D

i get a lot of we really really really really want you to offers from fat chicks... doesnt mean i take them.... im sure if had chosen some of those other schools they would have wanted him very badly also and he would have gotten a lot more exposure than at Arkstate....

I agree. I understand choosing Arkansas State over us and Mizzou for the reasons given but it still doesn't explain choosing them over some of his other better offers that likely coveted him just as much.

I agree. I understand choosing Arkansas State over us and Mizzou for the reasons given but it still doesn't explain choosing them over some of his other better offers that likely coveted him just as much.

I don't know.. Arky st is coming off a really good year and with Gus coming in and his success with scam newton. He could be a 4 year starter. Or go to an Iowa St or Minny and sit a couple years and then have to compete for a spot on the depth chart. Maybe Gus told him he could play right now! I don't mind coaches making these kinda promises at a school like Arky st. Hard enough to get stars to come visiting less commit in SEC territory no less.
  • 6 months later...