OT Dan Samuelson [Michigan Commit]

Funny story. I think I saw this kid on a recruiting visit Saturday. I was walking my Dad around the stadium showing him the construction projects, and we noticed some folks over at the football practice fields east of the Hawks center. I took a picture, then zoomed in digitally and I could easily pick out Barney Cotton. There were maybe four or five other folks standing there, including a couple of player-like guys.

I discarded the picture, so don't ask me to post it. Recruits and guys on recruiting trips need to be left alone by the fans.

But having read this story, I'm just about positive it was Samuelson and family. It didn't even occur to me when I posted this yesterday that the guys I saw might have been this kid and his folks on a trip, but when I read the article about the timeline, it's about certain it was him.

After reading the article in the OWH i dont think we need to be worried about him switching commits. Was offered and made an unofficial in one week, and it sounds like him and his family did everything the right way. There was high intrest in NU and he jumped on the offer after visiting, he notified Pitt staff before visiting us that he was going to check us out and had nothing but good things to say about Pitt, good family that handled the situation right. Hes here to stay, and can play anywhere on the line. Welcome Dan.

HE'S ONLY A 3 STAR?????? HE WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, AND WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD BECAUSE OUR OLINE IS SO TALENTED AND DEEP!! PELINI CAN'T RECRUIT BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

:sarcasm

Lol......exactly.

HE'S ONLY A 3 STAR?????? HE WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO ANYTHING, AND WILL NEVER SEE THE FIELD BECAUSE OUR OLINE IS SO TALENTED AND DEEP!! PELINI CAN'T RECRUIT BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

:sarcasm

You are absolutely right!!!!!!!!!!!!! A kid from Indiana with no ND offer throws up red flags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to keep using ND as a measuring stick because they have had tremendous football teams for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda shocked by the lack of posts/bitching in this thread so far.

I think back to Whitaker in the last class when watching Dan's film. The kid finishes blocks and makes sure anyone he locks onto/hits is not going to be making the play. I'll say it again, the first guy I thought of was Ricky Henery and the second was Corey Whitaker.

This kid has a frame to build on and as been said in other interviews, the staff has told him they could see him at any of the three OL spots. Meaning they love his power, footwork, speed and technique. When Paul Cryst likes a kid, it should say something,

I think back to Whitaker in the last class when watching Dan's film. The kid finishes blocks and makes sure anyone he locks onto/hits is not going to be making the play. I'll say it again, the first guy I thought of was Ricky Henery and the second was Corey Whitaker.

This kid has a frame to build on and as been said in other interviews, the staff has told him they could see him at any of the three OL spots. Meaning they love his power, footwork, speed and technique. When Paul Cryst likes a kid, it should say something,

When Paul Crewe likes a kid... it should say something.

I think the Whitaker frustration came out of the fact that we were being so selective with our class last year and a few of us felt that scholarship could have gone out to a better prospect. Looking back now though, it was crucial that we added an OL that could play outside and he was the only for that class, so I'm ok with it.

I would love to have a couple of Henry's on the line. It will be interesting to watch what teams come calling as more tape becomes available. Perhaps he won't let his coach send it out.

I would love to have a couple of Henry's on the line. It will be interesting to watch what teams come calling as more tape becomes available. Perhaps he won't let his coach send it out.

That is if they could keep the personal fouls and false starts down. ;)

• 1 month later...