Supplements

If you look at the active ingredients in a fat burner you can literally go to Wal-Mart and buy each individually for a fraction of the cost while also being able to control if you need more or less etc without breaking the bank. If you would like a potent weight loss you can purchase from behind the counter or online ephemera to help with your "congestion" add a No doz with this and you will lose weight like you lose your car keys

I like supplements. As long as they are safe, very little risk, and do not have side affects that I don't want (knowingly ahead of time). I'm all for doing the hard stuff as a life style. Eating small meals, keep it light and healthy, lift, rest, drink liters and liters of water, and do some cardio. I call it hard stuff, but it just means effort, discipline, commitment. I don't use supplementation as a big/main source of nutrition, or a quick fix method. In fact, I only incorporate whey protein, some vitamins and a recovery drink if it involves a ton of energy & a lot of sweat because I'm spent.

Although, my lifting routine is more consistent to what Dave calls "moving weights around" :lol:

Side effects of Fat burners

Increase in heart rate, irritability, edginess (nervous system), hunger suppression, hyperactivity, increased blood pressure, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, considerable increase in flatulence, oil stool, headaches, stomach ache, mouth & throat dryness

Addiction with prolonged duration

Blood clot has been reported in cases

Decrease vitamin content in the body

Side effects of Fat burners

Increase in heart rate, irritability, edginess (nervous system), hunger suppression, hyperactivity, increased blood pressure, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, considerable increase in flatulence, oil stool, headaches, stomach ache, mouth & throat dryness

Addiction with prolonged duration

Blood clot has been reported in cases

Decrease vitamin content in the body

And weight loss

Fat burners = Hillbilly heroine

My wife got a prescription for ephedrine after our last kid and I happened to take a couple to see what the fuss was about. HOLY sh#t. I started sweating horribly and was shaking like no other. My wife jumped my ass cause I guess I was to take a half a pill to start and work up. I took 2 right off the bat because they were smaller then a tic tac and I didn't figure they would be that bad.

Sorry fellas, been super busy the last week. I'm not looking for some amphetamine or ephedra product. Just seeing if anybody had experience with something that's helped boost their metabolism and get over a plateau. I've heard about green tea for awhile and have a friend who keeps trying to get me to drink it, but I've just never been into drinking coffee or tea.

Green tea will slightly boost your metabolism, lots of things will. Black coffe no sugar or cream is a nice metabolism bump. A No Doz will do the same thing in regards to upping your metabolism. Planning meal Times etc for your day and having 5-6 small meals Will keep your metabolism amped up. I have never taken a stimulant free fat burner. Guessing you are looking to suppress appetite?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Going to bump this to see if anyone has changed up their choices of supplements.

Mine are:

Protein - MuscleTech Whey+ (Salted Carmel). I also add Glutamine to my shakes.

Pre - Hemavol and 1Mr Votex

Intra - Xtend BCAAs

I also take zinc, iron and magnesium pills.

Thinking about adding Arginine to my pre-workout also. Have heard and read really good things about it.

• 3 months later...

1 scoop assault pre-workout

2 scoops of combat powder and milk after workout with multivitamin, creatine and osteo bi-flex.

2 scoops of combat at lunch with some almonds and an apple.

eat dinner. usually some kind of meat with veggies and brown rice.

snack on peanut butter or mixed nuts.

half a sweet potato at bed.

around 1800 calories a day.

i'm thinking of trying intermittent fasting. working out in the evening with a pre, then taking 2 scoops of combat w/milk, multi and bi-flex. eat dinner around 8. drink coffee all day. i'm at an age where i don't think i'm gonna get totally shredded. i'm good w/o but thought this might cut a bit more bfat.

Timing on creatine is overrated, as is that loading nonsense IMO.

I've always just tossed 5g Creatine Monohydrate (flavorless white powder, dirt cheap-- no need to try the expensive other formulations, as there's no real proof they work any better) in my shake postWO and call it good.

Last reading I did suggested you don't even need 5g per day if your system is saturated.

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread. During the school year when I would start my lifts before 3 o'clock, I would take a pre-workout called adren.o.lyn cuts.

The caffeine and beta alanine obviously played a big roll in lighting my body up, but the product also increases nitric oxide output which helps with vascularity. There's other helpful ingredients but my favorite ingredient was the chromium picolinate, which is for fat burning.

It's pretty expensive ($60 last I checked) but the product is legit and you can find deals for cheaper. It gives you a rush almost immediately (I'd say within 10 minutes I could feel it kick in) but my heart never felt like it was going to explode. I would actually start off with a 15 minute bike machine heart rate workout that had me keep my heart rate around 135bpm and surprisingly sometimes I struggled to my heart rate up. Then I'd go off to actually lift after that.

The thing about it is that I would highly recommend not taking it if you aren't disciplined with diet. I would eat 3 chicken breasts, broccoli, and spinach topped with yogurt and within an hour of eating I'd be starving again. If you eat crap you'll want to throw up.

I haven't been taking it this summer because A)my body got used to the caffeine and I had to cycle off (going above a 300mg pre is stupid) and B)I work until 4-5p this summer, causing me to workout later and I'd like to sleep at night :) . At mid November last fall my body fat percentage was 24.5%, 185lbs, and at the end of my cycle I was down to 16.7%, 175lbs, and I fully believe that this product played a major roll in making sure I stayed in line, diet and water intake wise.

Currently I just take regular protein and this usana essentials pill package (which are just vitamins and mega antioxidant pill). The usana is expensive as hell and I wouldn't be using it had my aunt not gotten them for me. Using those and continuing proper diet and water consumption as of yesterday I'm down to 11% bfp, 165lbs (and stronger than I was during high school football), hoping for 10-9%.

If any of you do decide to look into the adren.o.lyn cuts (by blackmarketlabs) I recommend doing an immense amount of research on it so you know exactly what you're getting into and how to properly use it. Don't just look at customer reviews but look into ingredients and what they do. It says serving size 1-2 scoops but I never once felt the need to go past one scoop and sometimes I would even settle for a half scoop. I've heard some people's stomachs didn't agree with them when they took it which could just be diet, but also could mean that it's not for everyone so be smart about it. If you don't think your body is capable of handling it, then don't take it. Hope this helps :D

• 2 years later...

My new best friend is Citrulline Malate.  It is a common ingredient in most pre-workouts.  The issue is most do not provide the needed/recommended amount to really make a difference.  

I quit using the pre-workout mixes and just use Citrulline and Extend BCAAs as a pre and it is by far the best combo I have used.  

On 2/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, Stumpy1 said:

My new best friend is Citrulline Malate.  It is a common ingredient in most pre-workouts.  The issue is most do not provide the needed/recommended amount to really make a difference.  

I quit using the pre-workout mixes and just use Citrulline and Extend BCAAs as a pre and it is by far the best combo I have used.   

I have a pre-WO mix I make up myself that is pretty similar:

- 5 g creatine monohydrate

- 2-3 g beta alanine (depending on my tingle tolerance that day :lol:)

-  5 g citrulline malate

- 10 g BCAAs

- 1 caffeine tab (200-250 mg)

Incredibly inexpensive compared to pre-mixed pre-WOs and definitely gets the job done.