Supplements

CLA is a waste of money IMO, I've used it before and got nothing. I've read others that have said if you combine it with say a shredder type supplement or a burner type supplement they think it works. I'm not sure how they think they know that though? It could be just the other supplement working.

Caffeine is hella better than CLA IMO

This. It actually works which is a step in the right direction.

Yeah, no kidding...I took it like the directions had said and about an hour later, I felt like I was floating on clouds and really jumpy. My whole body was tingling. I dropped down to a half serving for now and will work my way up.

I decided to make my own protein blend to get a mix of fast and slow digesting proteins. I made a blend of 65% Whey Concentrate and 35% Calcium Caseinate and added Cookies-n-Cream flavoring to it. I will go this route from here on out. Best protein I have ever tasted besides some from Team Skip who has close to the same blend except he adds egg protein to his.

I decided to make my own protein blend to get a mix of fast and slow digesting proteins. I made a blend of 65% Whey Concentrate and 35% Calcium Caseinate and added Cookies-n-Cream flavoring to it. I will go this route from here on out. Best protein I have ever tasted besides some from Team Skip who has close to the same blend except he adds egg protein to his.

Beef isolate is offended by your blend

How many HBers use supplements when they workout? I have used them for years and think they do help when it comes to recovery and growth of muscles. My wife and I got into an arguement about them and she said they are a waste of money and that I can accomplish the same things without them. What do you guys think? I think she doesn't know sh!t and just wants something to argue about.

It really depends on the supplement.

Protein - You can achieve the same things by just eating more protein.

Creatine - Helps your muscles retain more fluid, therefore making them appear larger and more swollen, also helping with blood flow which makes you able to lift a little more weight. Long-term does damage to your kidneys because it causes your body to produce more creatinine, which is toxic for your body. I believe they make a version that limits the production of creatinine.

Vitamins - Waste of money IMO.

Mass Gainer - Probably most useful for building muscle. It makes it much easier to consume lots of protein and carbs without becoming bloated and consuming too much fat

T-Booster - More testosterone = faster muscle gains

Pro Hormone - Big-time testosterone boost and crazy muscle gains. I've used one before, and it's ridiculous. Just make sure to take an estrogen blocker and post-cycle or you might grow some titties.

So mainly, the most useful supplements that you can get are the ones that boost your T levels. At the same time, these are the ones you have to be most careful with so they don't have adverse effects on your body. The biggest part of fitness is nutrition. I'd say nutrition is more important to your fitness goals than your workouts are.

Hey, would this work on my wife? I'm asking for a friend.

• Fire 1

How many HBers use supplements when they workout? I have used them for years and think they do help when it comes to recovery and growth of muscles. My wife and I got into an arguement about them and she said they are a waste of money and that I can accomplish the same things without them. What do you guys think? I think she doesn't know sh!t and just wants something to argue about.

Creatine - Helps your muscles retain more fluid, therefore making them appear larger and more swollen, also helping with blood flow which makes you able to lift a little more weight. Long-term does damage to your kidneys because it causes your body to produce more creatinine, which is toxic for your body. I believe they make a version that limits the production of creatinine.

Mass Gainer - Probably most useful for building muscle. It makes it much easier to consume lots of protein and carbs without becoming bloated and consuming too much fat

Pro Hormone - Big-time testosterone boost and crazy muscle gains. I've used one before, and it's ridiculous. Just make sure to take an estrogen blocker and post-cycle or you might grow some titties.

So mainly, the most useful supplements that you can get are the ones that boost your T levels. At the same time, these are the ones you have to be most careful with so they don't have adverse effects on your body. The biggest part of fitness is nutrition. I'd say nutrition is more important to your fitness goals than your workouts are.

Stick a straw up her ass and blow real hard. Worked for a friends wife.

• Fire 2

lol. Maybe. But then again, if she took a pro she might also grow a mustache.

Your friend was asking if that would work on your wife?
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I never thought I'd say this since I wanted to lose weight on my own, but I've been entertaining the notion of adding a fat burner. I eat a relatively healthy diet, but I've been stuck at this weight for awhile for various reasons; lack of discipline, injuries, life in general and I just want to make some more progress. Anybody have any experience with them, helpful insight or articles? My biggest reason for never considering them was health concerns down the road. I don't really have any evidence to supports that, but my ignorance has always made that a concern. All I really know is that I don't really think I want anything with caffeine or harsh stimulants.

So I never thought I'd say this since I wanted to lose weight on my own, but I've been entertaining the notion of adding a fat burner. I eat a relatively healthy diet, but I've been stuck at this weight for awhile for various reasons; lack of discipline, injuries, life in general and I just want to make some more progress. Anybody have any experience with them, helpful insight or articles? My biggest reason for never considering them was health concerns down the road. I don't really have any evidence to supports that, but my ignorance has always made that a concern. All I really know is that I don't really think I want anything with caffeine or harsh stimulants.

I'm glad you are hesitant. Maybe you should be cautious. Is a fat burner something you want to do, need to do, or have to do?

Research as much as possible. Not just the pros and cons, but the dangers, risks, and dependency. Also research what others have done in a similar situation to get past their own weight plateau that they seemed to be stuck at. Good luck Z.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/medicalschool/departments/Orthopaedics/clinicalservices/sportsmed/patienteducation/Documents/Diet%20Pills.pdf