War on Women is Real!

I believe that abortions should be legal in all cases. Period. But if you are going to pretend that "conservative right wing nutjobs" are waging a war against women (as the Democrats claim), you'd better make sure your record is clean. In this video, a person working at a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Austin makes it clear that an abortion based solely on the sex of the fetus is perfectly acceptable. As I stated above, I believe that a woman has a right to abort for whatever reason - just admit that your war on women begins a few years before they are use the pill.

This whole thing seems overblown. I can't believe that gender-selection abortions are very common in America. I'm sure it has happened at some time or other, it just doesn't seem like something most people would consider.

Certain ethnic groups are more prone to this belief than others. Ain't pointin' a finger though.

I will. Middle eastern countries.

True. It's also a common practice in the People's Republic of China, Korea, Taiwan, and India.

True, it may happen some in those countries. But I doubt if it happens much on U.S. soil. Even the youtube clip in the OP seemed like it could have been staged. Just sayin. . .

Certain ethnic groups are more prone to this belief than others. Ain't pointin' a finger though.

I will. Middle eastern countries.

True. It's also a common practice in the People's Republic of China, Korea, Taiwan, and India.

True, it may happen some in those countries. But I doubt if it happens much on U.S. soil. Even the youtube clip in the OP seemed like it could have been staged. Just sayin. . .

If it was staged, PP went them one better and staged a "firing" of the employee - "A Planned Parenthood spokeswoman told The Huffington Post on Tuesday the staffer in the video "did not follow our protocol" for dealing with "a highly unusual patient scenario."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/29/planned-parenthood-video_n_1552672.html

I listened to the youtube clip again. They say right in the video that the situation is staged: "In April of 2012 Liveaction investigated abortion clinics nationwide..." (youtube video, 1:00 mark). Unless Liveaction went out and found girls who are actually pregnant to do these interviews (unlikely), the interviews were staged by the investigators. They just sent girls feigning pregnancy to participate in a few dozen fake counseling sessions, and cherry picked the interview with advice that was most favorable to their cause.

Like I said, this probably doesn't happen much in the U.S. Even though Planned Parenthood gives advice stating that the girl can get an abortion for any reason she wants, there just aren't many that get abortions for gender selection. In the U.S. anyway.

... there just aren't many that get abortions for gender selection. In the U.S. anyway.

I suspect you're right but that's just a hunch on my part. You sound as if you have some proof.

Maybe this is the second phony war on women we have come across lately. You reckon?

... there just aren't many that get abortions for gender selection. In the U.S. anyway.

I suspect you're right but that's just a hunch on my part. You sound as if you have some proof.

Maybe this is the second phony war on women we have come across lately. You reckon?

I reckon.

I believe that abortions should be legal in all cases. Period. But if you are going to pretend that "conservative right wing nutjobs" are waging a war against women (as the Democrats claim), you'd better make sure your record is clean. In this video, a person working at a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Austin makes it clear that an abortion based solely on the sex of the fetus is perfectly acceptable. As I stated above, I believe that a woman has a right to abort for whatever reason - just admit that your war on women begins a few years before they are use the pill.

That is just crazy, ridiculous!! A partial birth abortion is just plain murder. And babies have lived outside the womb at 27 weeks. If you want to debate when abortion should be legal that's fine but at any time is just insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dis