Favorite Show(s) that are RIP.

I have a few that I wish were still on.

Arrested Development: I know it is coming back for a season and then they are making the movie but this show was a riot.

Friday Night Lights: There was a few plot lines that were really terrible but overall this was a fantastic show. Come to think of it, the most unrealistic (but great) plot line might have been the coaches wife wearing those low cut shirt to school!

Dallas: Okay, look, I loved that show when I was a kid, I used to have to watch it with my grandma. So later on when it was being rerun I watched it all again and still loved it. Now, they are doing the new Dallas starting next week, hopefully it will be okay.

90210: When I was in high school, this show was great (great as in bad but still great)! The lame part was how the "gang" never really seemed to party and that Kelly basically got raped or assaulted every episode. Come on! I still watch it, now and again, when I am bored and it is on, it makes me laugh.

Arrested Development and Party Down for sure.

I watch reruns of Seinfeld almost every day after work. I've noticed that the show wouldn't work nowadays where everyone has cell phones. I still find it pretty damn funny though.

I usually watch Scrubs reruns over lunch, but like Seinfeld, I think the show ran it's course.

I have a few that I wish were still on.

Arrested Development: I know it is coming back for a season and then they are making the movie but this show was a riot.

Friday Night Lights: There was a few plot lines that were really terrible but overall this was a fantastic show. Come to think of it, the most unrealistic (but great) plot line might have been the coaches wife wearing those low cut shirt to school!

Dallas: Okay, look, I loved that show when I was a kid, I used to have to watch it with my grandma. So later on when it was being rerun I watched it all again and still loved it. Now, they are doing the new Dallas starting next week, hopefully it will be okay.

90210: When I was in high school, this show was great (great as in bad but still great)! The lame part was how the "gang" never really seemed to party and that Kelly basically got raped or assaulted every episode. Come on! I still watch it, now and again, when I am bored and it is on, it makes me laugh.

Dallas is coming back on a cable channel, although it might be a reality show

90210 is back on KXVO (Omaha channel that has Simpsons on at 5&6), never watched it, because I'm not a 14 year old girl....

Sopranos. Law and Order (orig version). And quite a few of those mentioned above.

Also, I was bummed when an obscure cartoon I used to watch many years ago got canceled--The Tick. It was a great cartoon, nearly as good as Archer or Futurama, but The Tick only aired for three seasons.

Sopranos. Law and Order (orig version). And quite a few of those mentioned above.

Also, I was bummed when an obscure cartoon I used to watch many years ago got canceled--The Tick. It was a great cartoon, nearly as good as Archer or Futurama, but The Tick only aired for three seasons.

The Tick was awesome, I think Fox tried a live action version of that.... I liked MTV's liquid television, that gave rise to Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, and a few others.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete was a neat show, really bizarre though... There is no way they could bring it back but Twin Peaks was cool (or maybe I just thought I was hip by watching it) and Picket Fences (I think), another one of those goth kind of shows, Twin peaks meets X-Files.

Law and Order origninal and Law and Order LA

Friday Night Lights (all of these were on NBC, which is why I hate NBC)

King of Queens

Detroit 187 (I started to get into this show and then they cancel it after one season)

Traveler (Aired in '07 on ABC. Only 8 episodes, but the season was great and the finale had me looking forward to second season, unfortunately it was canceled)

There are a lot of shows I loved that aren't on anymore, but that doesn't bother me. There are very few shows that need more than 5-6 seasons to tell the story. The ones that sting are the ones that are cancelled prematurely. My two main disappointments in my TV life were.

1. Firefly: I would cancel every show on Fox, burn down the studios, and piss on the ashes if they would bring this show back for a couple more seasons. Joss, use your Avengers power to avenge Firefly.

2. Rome: Life is expensive, I guess. This show was one of HBO's best, I think. Fantastic cast, great writing, gritty realism, wonderful sets. And it's the early Roman Empire, which is like my most favoritist era in history. The good news was they got the cancellation word early enough that they could round off the story for the most part. It didn't just disappear right in the middle of something huge.

2b. Sarah Connor Chronicles: This show actually started to do what I thought was impossible--squeeze one last ounce of interesting storytelling out of the Terminator franchise. It took a little while to hit its stride, but I thought the guy they had playing John Connor was really poised to transform the character into something special. Then they pulled the plug on the greatest cliffhanger of all time. It happens.