Favorite Show(s) that are RIP.

Wait, Arrested Development is coming back for a season? That's very odd, considering how long it was gone. I thought it would just be a movie. Love love LOVED that show. I haven't started Season 3 yet and I don't really want to, because that would mean once I'm done with it, it's over.

It's become crazy popular since people have been watching on Netflix. They're doing a 10 episode season and a movie. The season starts in 2013 I believe.

I think the new episodes will be available immediately on Netflix too. (I think I read that somewhere, I'd have to try to find the article again)

I'm confused. I thought we were discussing shows that were no longer showing new episodes, because The Office, Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, and I think Spongebob are all still running current.

You are absolutely right. I'm the one who got off track a bit. However, I do not count The Office any longer as it is not the same without Michael.

634499339711562500.jpg

I'm not sure HBO ever actually canceled Deadwood. But it hasn't aired in five years. So it might as well be canceled.

This times 1,000,000,000thousand million.

Deadwood being "canceled" or purposefully starved off is the 2nd greatest travesty of all time, behind Arrested Development. Deadwood is absolute greatness.

• Fire 1

634499339711562500.jpg

I'm not sure HBO ever actually canceled Deadwood. But it hasn't aired in five years. So it might as well be canceled.

This times 1,000,000,000thousand million.

Deadwood being "canceled" or purposefully starved off is the 2nd greatest travesty of all time, behind Arrested Development. Deadwood is absolute greatness.

Yeah, kind of weird that HBO would just abandon a GREAT show like that. I don't understand their strategy on that one. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Sopranos. Law and Order (orig version). And quite a few of those mentioned above.

Also, I was bummed when an obscure cartoon I used to watch many years ago got canceled--The Tick. It was a great cartoon, nearly as good as Archer or Futurama, but The Tick only aired for three seasons.

The Tick was awesome, I think Fox tried a live action version of that.... I liked MTV's liquid television, that gave rise to Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, and a few others.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete was a neat show, really bizarre though... There is no way they could bring it back but Twin Peaks was cool (or maybe I just thought I was hip by watching it) and Picket Fences (I think), another one of those goth kind of shows, Twin peaks meets X-Files.

I loved The Tick. There were some very good cartoons in the 90's on Nickelodeon. Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers were great shows. Oh and don't forget about Ren and Stimpy. Have you seen Adventure Time. I don't know what channel it is on but my 9 year old loves it. The people that make it must be on some bad acid trip.

One of my alltime favorite shows WKRP in Cinncinati. As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly. :cheers

I forgot about that... That show had some unbelievable adult situations. I remember one episode Rocko and Heffer went to the farm, and Heffer ended up getting a little loving from the automatic milking machine... How that slipped past and made it onto a kids show is beyond me (and super funny)

Sopranos. Law and Order (orig version). And quite a few of those mentioned above.

Also, I was bummed when an obscure cartoon I used to watch many years ago got canceled--The Tick. It was a great cartoon, nearly as good as Archer or Futurama, but The Tick only aired for three seasons.

The Tick was awesome, I think Fox tried a live action version of that.... I liked MTV's liquid television, that gave rise to Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, and a few others.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete was a neat show, really bizarre though... There is no way they could bring it back but Twin Peaks was cool (or maybe I just thought I was hip by watching it) and Picket Fences (I think), another one of those goth kind of shows, Twin peaks meets X-Files.

I loved The Tick. There were some very good cartoons in the 90's on Nickelodeon. Rocko's Modern Life and The Angry Beavers were great shows. Oh and don't forget about Ren and Stimpy. Have you seen Adventure Time. I don't know what channel it is on but my 9 year old loves it. The people that make it must be on some bad acid trip.

One of my alltime favorite shows WKRP in Cinncinati. As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly. :cheers

I forgot about that... That show had some unbelievable adult situations. I remember one episode Rocko and Heffer went to the farm, and Heffer ended up getting a little loving from the automatic milking machine... How that slipped past and made it onto a kids show is beyond me (and super funny)

I watch Rocko on Netflix every now and then. Carlos Alarzaqui (sp) from Reno 911 did Rocko's voice. (That's your worthless fact of the day from overloaded brain)