S Shaquille Fluker * [Georgia Commit]

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly sure when he was offered, may be one of those guys that have an offer that hasnt been reported on any of the sites. TJ stopped by and talked to him in the spring, not sure where he stands with the staff now that we have 2 safetys committed, but i will post anyway since its now being reported by 247.

I would take him because of all the seniors we are losing, and we really only have cooper and jackson behind them, not counting the 2012 class athletes.

Not exactly sure when he was offered, may be one of those guys that have an offer that hasnt been reported on any of the sites. TJ stopped by and talked to him in the spring, not sure where he stands with the staff now that we have 2 safetys committed, but i will post anyway since its now being reported by 247.

I would take him because of all the seniors we are losing, and we really only have cooper and jackson behind them, not counting the 2012 class athletes.

Not trying to take your job Nexus, not sure how you do the external links anyway.

No apologies necessary. ;)

Profile was already created though.

i wonder what this means for priest willis. we are offering like we dont have a shot at him which i think we do. I dont think are chances are great with willis but his trainer played for nebraska and willis always talks big about us.

Believe he's being recruited as a CB so I don't think this affects him...

• 3 weeks later...

Latest from Husker Journal. Interesting with two Mississippi JUCO DB recruits with Fluker and Letman. Both are safetys it appears and we are battling Georgia in both circumstances. Anyone know if we will definitely land one of these guys?

JULY 8, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS SHAQUILLE FLUKER, DB, 6-1, 205, SCOOBA (EAST MISSISSIPPI CC), MISSISSIPPI

Shaq has offers from Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska and Kentucky. He said Ole Miss might offer later.

“My first visit was Georgia,” Fluker said. “I liked everything about the school, the facilities, the field and everything. It was the first time going on a visit (out of state).”

“Actually they (UGA) are my leader right now. They told me area’s where I can get better and make me a better player. I want to take my time committing. Right now I need to get my grades up so I can graduate in December.” Fluker said

“I told them (Nebraska) I know it’s far but it’s up to me where I want to be, who I want to play for. Even though it’s pretty far I’m still considering them.” Fluker said

“I feel like at Nebraska I can come in and get some early playing time,” he says. “I know they didn’t say that but me working hard I can get playing time.”

“I like Kentucky, I like all of them. I went to Kentucky to meet the coaches, before I make a decision. I want to take some more visits I don’t want to commit too soon”

“Most schools are looking at me on my highlight tape when I played safety, but most schools want me at strong. They said I need to work on my speed, my foot work.” Fluker said

cornhead.gif

• 1 month later...

I'd imagine our odds with Taj Letman go up with this.

If we don't get a juco safety maybe we should move a corner over next season.

I think Jonathan Rose the Auburn transfer will be a saftey and has the skill to play from day 1, assuming he can mentally get the Defense, which he has a whole year to study so i would hope so.

We are also in on Justin Cox another JUCO Saftey, havent heard how hard we are pursuing him thou.

• 1 year later...