Should Biggs redshirt ?

Obviously we don’t have anything to say about it, but just for fun……what decision would you make? (leave aside the Agau angle since we don’t know if/how it might impact things)

Originally, I thought it was probably the best deal so that he could contribute for two years along with more skilled players in the new arena. This is based on everyone’s assumption that this next season will be brutal.

But the more I think about it and the more impressed I am with Smiles abilities to get better athletes on campus, I’m starting to think that we’re better off using Biggs right away. The rationale is that although Biggs is a step up in the caliber of player we have been getting, I think this staff is going to continue to bring in players of that caliber consistently. So why condemn this year to the dumpster? Use Biggs now and additional Biggs-level players will be recruited in the future to replace him.

What say you?

I think it would be best to redshirt Biggs. I just don't think that he is going to add that much next year to improve the team. I think we all know that next year is going to be a disappointing season as far as wins and loses go. So it might be better to let him redshirt and gain experience in Mile's system during practice.

I think he should play...but maybe it depends on the impact of Agau. Tough call. Does Miles think that the Huskers can compete next year?

Of course, Miles' coachspeak will be that we can compete. And I think we will, on the "effort" front, but most observers are pretty pessimistic on the win/lose tally.

(btw......anyone know how I can edit the title of the thread to spell Biggs correctly? It's driving me nuts to see it misspelled.)

I think he should play...but maybe it depends on the impact of Agau. Tough call. Does Miles think that the Huskers can compete next year?

Of course, Miles' coachspeak will be that we can compete. And I think we will, on the "effort" front, but most observers are pretty pessimistic on the win/lose tally.

(btw......anyone know how I can edit the title of the thread to spell Biggs correctly? It's driving me nuts to see it misspelled.)

If it's your own post, there should be an edit button right beside the MultiQuote button. I just used it because I saw that I misspelled his name too. :D