Should Biggs redshirt ?

Obviously we don’t have anything to say about it, but just for fun……what decision would you make? (leave aside the Agau angle since we don’t know if/how it might impact things)

Originally, I thought it was probably the best deal so that he could contribute for two years along with more skilled players in the new arena. This is based on everyone’s assumption that this next season will be brutal.

But the more I think about it and the more impressed I am with Smiles abilities to get better athletes on campus, I’m starting to think that we’re better off using Biggs right away. The rationale is that although Biggs is a step up in the caliber of player we have been getting, I think this staff is going to continue to bring in players of that caliber consistently. So why condemn this year to the dumpster? Use Biggs now and additional Biggs-level players will be recruited in the future to replace him.

What say you?

I wonder if Stratton is going to come play at NU with him. :)

Thought of that as well.............would be some serious horsepower........

I think he should play...but maybe it depends on the impact of Agau. Tough call. Does Miles think that the Huskers can compete next year?

Of course, Miles' coachspeak will be that we can compete. And I think we will, on the "effort" front, but most observers are pretty pessimistic on the win/lose tally.

(btw......anyone know how I can edit the title of the thread to spell Biggs correctly? It's driving me nuts to see it misspelled.)

If it's your own post, there should be an edit button right beside the MultiQuote button. I just used it because I saw that I misspelled his name too. :D

I've tried the edit, but that seems to only allow changes to the body of the post...........not the title itself................

It's not crucial, but it would be nice to get it right...........any other ideas?

I think he should play...but maybe it depends on the impact of Agau. Tough call. Does Miles think that the Huskers can compete next year?

Of course, Miles' coachspeak will be that we can compete. And I think we will, on the "effort" front, but most observers are pretty pessimistic on the win/lose tally.

(btw......anyone know how I can edit the title of the thread to spell Biggs correctly? It's driving me nuts to see it misspelled.)

If it's your own post, there should be an edit button right beside the MultiQuote button. I just used it because I saw that I misspelled his name too. :D

I've tried the edit, but that seems to only allow changes to the body of the post...........not the title itself................

It's not crucial, but it would be nice to get it right...........any other ideas?

I can't help you on that one. I've only started one thread and I went back to try to edit the title, and I couldn't figure out how to do that.

I can't help you on that one. I've only started one thread and I went back to try to edit the title, and I couldn't figure out how to do that.

-- First click Edit

eD3yd.png

-- Then click Use Full Editor to edit/change title of a thread

BTEp7.png

• Fire 1

I originally thought I'd like to see Biggs redshirt. However, I'm not sure it's best for the team. As Comish stated, you would hope in two years Miles has recruited someone that can replace Biggs and be as good or hopefully better. Also, I think it's sending a bad message to the team and especially guys like Talley and Ubel. You're going to ask them to sell out for this team and then put all your best players on the bench cause you know it's a wasted year?! Say you're Dylan Talley playing your senior season - your last year ever of playing basketball that actually matters - and you have guys on your team that could help you win a few more games, but he's keeping them on the bench saving them for next year while you win 6 games all season. It'd be hard not to quit on the team halfway through.

Most the guys Miles has brought in have to sit out anyway, but I'm starting to lean towards the thought of - don't throw away a season, no matter what. That being said, if Biggs gets his way he'll RS.

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about? yes we should redshirt biggs, just because we lost hilliard does not mean we don't redshirt him. They different positions and playing biggs would not be a smart idea. It doesn't matter if we only have 8 or 9 available to play. This year is scrapped, and the players will at least get lots of playing time. I guarentee this will not change Miles decision to redshirt biggs

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about? yes we should redshirt biggs, just because we lost hilliard does not mean we don't redshirt him. They different positions and playing biggs would not be a smart idea. It doesn't matter if we only have 8 or 9 available to play. This year is scrapped, and the players will at least get lots of playing time. I guarentee this will not change Miles decision to redshirt biggs

Unfortunately, I don't think it's as easy as that. I do agree that this next year might be scrapped, but Miles does still have to compete as much as possible. I would say that it would be great to redshirt him, but it might not be that easy of an option at this point. We can't really play a season with 8 or 9 guys, mainly because we would be one or two injuries away from a mess. I hope he is able to redshirt, but it's becoming harder and harder to be able to redshirt him just because of numbers.

I disagree... I dont think Miles counts this season as a "scrap season" Biggs can play the 1 or the 2 and so this does hurt depth at the guard position and directly affects if Biggs will be redshirted...

I honestly dont think he will be redshirted.