Should Biggs redshirt ?

I'm not really sure what you guys are talking about? yes we should redshirt biggs, just because we lost hilliard does not mean we don't redshirt him. They different positions and playing biggs would not be a smart idea. It doesn't matter if we only have 8 or 9 available to play. This year is scrapped, and the players will at least get lots of playing time. I guarentee this will not change Miles decision to redshirt biggs

I disagree... I dont think Miles counts this season as a "scrap season" Biggs can play the 1 or the 2 and so this does hurt depth at the guard position and directly affects if Biggs will be redshirted...

I honestly dont think he will be redshirted.

I agree with you on that, I don't think Miles has it in him to think of a season as scrapped. He's too much of a competitor! It will be interesting to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I know we went through all this months ago and the consensus is that he will redshirt.

BUT, reading a bit between the lines the last few days, something is gnawing at me that maybe there is a small chance Smiles changes his mind.

Coach is supposed to address it more specifically today.........

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Today Miles seemed to leave the door open a crack that they might need another guard this year..........and with Agau out of the equation, he will visit with Biggs again.

Good. I think Biggs should play as we need to find a PG and we are short players the way it is. If Agua changes his mind then I am okay if he sits, but other than that I think he should play.

It is no secret that this year is probably going to be more of a struggle wins and losses speaking with or without Biggs. Why take a year a of eligibility when it won't probably matter record wise. Let's give him a year to learn the system so when our team is ready to make some noise in two years, he'll be available.

It is no secret that this year is probably going to be more of a struggle wins and losses speaking with or without Biggs. Why take a year a of eligibility when it won't probably matter record wise. Let's give him a year to learn the system so when our team is ready to make some noise in two years, he'll be available.

I look at it the opposite. Biggs can help this team now. No this team isn't going to a post season tournament with or without him, but Biggs could help get a couple extra wins and maybe keep a couple of the losses more competitive. Him being a two year guy he wont be seeing this programs best days anyways. I say we use him as a bridge to keep some of the excitement around the program this and next season.

He doesn't need a year to learn the system, this isn't football. If Biggs can help this team get to 12 wins I say suit him up.

• Fire 1

I'm open to debate -- Does 8 or 12 wins really matter in the grand scheme of things? Even if it's to help us get the NIT (which isn't the ultimate goal) a year from now or next, I think that would do more to build and keep program momentum than a difference of a couple wins in an estimated losing season.

I look at it the opposite. Biggs can help this team now. No this team isn't going to a post season tournament with or without him, but Biggs could help get a couple extra wins and maybe keep a couple of the losses more competitive. Him being a two year guy he wont be seeing this programs best days anyways. I say we use him as a bridge to keep some of the excitement around the program this and next season.

He doesn't need a year to learn the system, this isn't football. If Biggs can help this team get to 12 wins I say suit him up.

This ^^^ The total number of wins probably won't be significant enough to alter the post-season, but being "competitive" is where you can give the fans and the program some hope and early momentum.

I'm open to debate -- Does 8 or 12 wins really matter in the grand scheme of things? Even if it's to help us get the NIT (which isn't the ultimate goal) a year from now or next, I think that would do more to build and keep program momentum than a difference of a couple wins in an estimated losing season.

Maybe throwing out 12 wasn't wise on my part. I do think it is important to at least look like we belong in the same league as some of these teams. Getting 8 wins against a bunch of cupcakes and getting blown out against every above average team would be pretty demoralizing for a fan base that is desperate for a team to root for. I think all sane fans realize this will be a rough season, but if we can put forward a little better product it could cull some of that freak out we are bound to see come January.

I guess I see Tai Webster and the rest of this class as the future. Biggs wont be around long enough to see Miles hit his stride in Lincoln even if he RS. But if he can keep the ball slightly this season I think he will be much appreciated in Husker Nation.